Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

mattifying powder instead of foundation

Hi, I  would love to find some sort of mattifying kind of powder for days I am not interested in wearing foundation. Basically, I am just looking for a mostly translucent (don't mind if there's a bit of color) powder that will take away the shine, but I don't want to wear foundation every day. Is that what setting powders are or is that meant to do something different? Maybe I'm thinking of old fashioned compacts? Thank you.

RE: mattifying powder instead of foundation

hi! I don't wear foundation either, but for skin i only use concealer and the Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder for my oily places. it's amazing!!! my skin looks literally airbrushed after i put it on!!! 10/10

Re: mattifying powder instead of foundation

I'd look into Rms "un powder" 

or a powder by Jane iredale, maybe "purematte"  

Anonymous Insider

I use Essence's matte powder. it's white in a compact. it...

I use Essence's matte powder. it's white in a compact. it works really well and it's only $3! I heard it's a dupe for Makeup Forever's powder but I haven't used that yet. if I want more coverage, I use airspun powders!

Re: mattifying powder instead of foundation

cheryash wrote:

Hi, I  would love to find some sort of mattifying kind of powder for days I am not interested in wearing foundation. Basically, I am just looking for a mostly translucent (don't mind if there's a bit of color) powder that will take away the shine, but I don't want to wear foundation every day. Is that what setting powders are or is that meant to do something different? Maybe I'm thinking of old fashioned compacts? Thank you.

@cheryash, i'm a HUGE fan of tarte's smooth operator amazonian clay tinted pressed finishing powder (the product, not the extremely long name, yikes). i don't wear foundation ever, and this is perfect for keeping my skin matte with just a hint of coverage/color. it seriously lasts all day, even though a sweaty workout. it's a compact and works well with multiple brushes - i start with a kabuki and then finish with a powder brush as a final sweep after everything else is on.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing