Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life

how can I look more natural without showing all my flaws

I'm a teen looking for a natural everyday look. I wear a light amount of Nars pure radiant tinted moisturizer, Cover Girl clean matte concealer, Neutrogena loose powder foundation, Coty airspun lose setting powder, Elizabeth Arden shimmer cream as a highlighter, great lash mascara, and lip balm. on fancy occasions, I use Maybelline lemonade craze palette. any tips for a pinkish neutral undertoned girl with redness on her cheeks and the occasional breakout?

how can I look more natural without showing all my flaws

The beginning of a good natural look I believe begins with really good skin care and being well hydrated. Clean moisturized and primed skin. Set a light coverage foundation with a beauty blender I have one from Sephora that is made to get wet before applying foundation I dot the foundation on my cheeks and forhead and then dampen my blender with water and then apply my foundation all over. On very light days I use a #two faced Peaches and cream primer on my large pore and I color correct any red blemishes followed by #tartes powdered spf and Urban decays setting spray and that's it. For a more defined natural look I use a clear gel on my eye brows to neaten them up and I curl my eyelashes an use #olehenriksen banana bright eye creme. My lips I use my Sephora lip liner or Boxom (almost matching my natural color) blended in and then apply a clear or lightly tinted chapstick and sometimes I use a little blush or bronzer for a light glow and I always finish with setting spray it gives a more perfected more natural look.

oh yeah and my new thing for lips is using #josie marangs...

oh yeah and my new thing for lips is using #josie maran argan creme oil and mixing that with my lip color and applying it both to my lips and cheecks. the creme also works great as an all over moisturizure for a subtle glow underneath my #tarte powdered spf and setting spray.

RE: how can I look more natural without showing all my flaws

Find a flesh toned concealer and just spot conceal. Don’t forget to set where you conceal with a flesh toned powder

Re: how can I look more natural without showing all my flaws

I think the main thing to look more natural from what you've listed would be to swap out the NARS TM combined with powder foundation. I wear the NARS tinted moisturizer on heavy coverage days, but when i want really light, natural coverage that still events out my skintone I use the Dr. Jart Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment as my "foundation". This hides my redness and flaws yet looks very natural. I set this with a sheer powder. When I'm having a breakout I use NARS matte concealer underneath this just over those areas. For the rest of my "natural look" I use an eyeshadow my skin color just to cover up my natural eyelid color/veins, brown mascara to enhance my lashes but not look like I'm wearing mascara, ABH contour creme, Becca liquid highlight, and Bobbi Brown brow gel (pretty sheer). I'm also a student and find this looks acceptable even for laboratory days. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing