Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

foundation

Do you want your foundation and concealer to be the same color?

Re: foundation

I use concealer as a brightener. Especially if you want a more minimal look, I always suggest a brighter concealer (a shade to 3 shades lighter) to create a natural contrast that brightens the skin and creates dimension. I feel like when I use a concealer and a foundation in the same tone I get a flat look.

Hi @kizbop ,

My concealers usually match my skin tone and foundation because I use concealer to hide blemishes and spots. Sometimes I will use a brightening concealer under my eyes, and will choose something about 1-2 shades lighter. 

Best,

Laurie

I agree with the post above. If you want to brighten your undereyes, forehead, etc, then you probably want a concealer 1-2 shades lighter than your skin tone. If you're covering up acne or other marks then I would stick to your natural skin tone because you don't want to highlight those parts. It would draw attention to the parts that you want to hide. I tend to use more lighter peachy tones for under my eyes (I have a fair complexion) since I want to brighten my eyes. I use a concealer that is my shade of foundation for covering up my acne and redness. 

I've worn concealer in my skin colour, only because I can't find a lighter one in my limited searching.  Plus I wear a light dusting of a powder foundation, so lighter concealer on any acne spots would show.  As well, if I've got a no foundation day going on to run around in, I don't want a few lighter spots showing up on my face!  @kizbop 

Hi @kizbop,

I think it depends on personal preference! I personally like wearing an under eye concealer about 1-2 shades lighter than my skin tone! 

Always,

Danee

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing