Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

dry lips 24/7 help

my lips are soo dry, I tried the sugar by fresh chapstick I tried the blistex all of them and a lot more. I exfoliate my lips once or twice a week and I put serum on them. I don't know what to do.. since I live in Canada ( Quebec) we don't have all the same products that the USA have. it's kinda urgent I want my lips to be beautiful in two weeks because I'll be on tv and it's either really cold here or hot and my lips can't deal with that. I would want something not too expensive that I can find at drugstores or like Wal-Mart thank you!!
Anonymous Insider

RE: dry lips 24/7 help

I have always had dried lips and what ALWAYS comes to my rescue is Vaseline. It doesn’t have the best taste but it comes in different“flavors”. It leaves your lips super silky and beautiful. It’s also very cost efficient. I usually put Vaseline on at night then go to sleep and when I wake up they are like new. And it is multipurpose!!

dry lips 24/7 help

Smith's Rosebud Salve is the best for super dry lips! It is literally the only thing I can wear on mine because mine are always so chapped and peel or crack - lipstick and stains were impossible for me to even consider because of it. (from Michigan - dry, cold and grey 8 of the 12 months a year) It's only $6 for a good size tin!! I use it multiple times a day on my lips and also use it on my cuticles and go thru 2 a year. It also can be used on your eye lids to make them "dewy." It is gentle enough and all natural - it was actually my baby's pedictrian who recommended it for his dry little "rosebud lips"!! It leaves your dry lips instantly feeling better, softer and supple. It looks pink in the tin but goes on sheer/clear and my lips look dewy and "pillow" puffy like. I've tried about a dozen expensive balms/chapsticks/lip masks brands such as Fresh, Kiehls, Agave, making my own scrubs with coconut oil and fine sugar with honey but NOTHING does it for me but SRB salve. You can buy it offine but Ulta and the retailer Urban Outfitters clothing stores carry it to - again $6! Don't buy the tube version or flavored versions, just the original. It's a game changer!

dry lips 24/7 help

tarte lip rescue works

laneige lip mask before bed. 10/10 would recommend at least grabbing a sample

Re: RE: dry lips 24/7 help

Totally agree @katedoggg! It feels so nice in the lips and when I wake

up there’s such a difference!! My lips have been so much softer since using this. They never crack now and peel significantly less. Also make sure you’re drinking a sufficant amount of water, we need about 100oz a day. 

I recommend you use Kiehl’s butterstick and lip scrub before that. I use Lush lip scrup and it works for my dry lips. Another lip balm I recommend is from Chanel, a bit pricy but worth every penny.

Re: dry lips 24/7 help

I've been using Aquaphor's Lip Protectant for 4 years now. I am a liquid lipstick fanatic so I need this product to make my lips look fabulous. I exfoliate my lips once a week (twice if I need to) with coffee, honey, and sugar. I apply Aquaphor immediately after rinsing off the scrub and I'm good to go. Research your lipstick and your lipliner, that may be contributing to the problem as well. Good luck!

Anonymous Insider

I had the same problem with my lips! They would get chapped supper easily and bleed and it’s just not cute or fun. I searched for a good chapstick for a long time until I started using vaseline. I use a thick layer before I go to bed and thin layers throughout the day. It’s my holy grail! It’s the only thing that has ever worked for me and my lips have never looked better! You can get it pretty much anywhere and it’s pretty cheap and works really fast!

I recently purchased the Kiehls holiday lip balm set. I h...

I recently purchased the Kiehls holiday lip balm set. I have very dry lips and tried everything out there which did not work. Kiehls is the first product that really work. My lips feel a lot better and not extremely dry. This is great stuff!

Fellow Canadian here: save your scrub money and just exfoliate with a mixture of coconut oil and brown sugar. My balm recommendations are: balm dotcom from glossier (I love the coconut) and for slightly more I love the lippe balm by drunk elephant or poutmud wet lip treatment by glamglow. Keep an eye out on the beauty offers section when placing your next order - I've seen a lot of lip treatments listed previously.

Bite beauty agave lip mask twice a day and at night and the agave lip balm throughout the day as needed! This SAVED me. My lips constantly cracked and bled and peeled till I found this stuff.

French Girl makes a wonderful rose lip scrub, and I love L’Occitaine Shea Butter.

Try a lip scrub to get rid of flakes

I obsessively wear Vaseline on my lips if I'm not wearing lipstick because I suffer from dry lips. If I'm have a bare-lipped day out and about, then my lip balm of choice is Body Shop's Vitamin E lip balm and a close second is Body Shop's Hemp lip balm. Those are the only two that ever came close to doing what Vaseline does for me.

Try putting rose hip oil on them and then coating them in...

Try putting rose hip oil on them and then coating them in a petroleum based product like Jack Black to seal it in before bed. I live on the East Coast of the US where it's been in the negatives, and that had helped me a ton!

also live in canada, and find the Bite agave lip mask (non-coloured one) to be most effective for the temperatures here! Nothing else has helped my lips this much and you can wear it during the day like a gloss 🙂

Try Vaseline....works for me.

Try Vaseline....works for me.

Re: Try Vaseline....works for me.

I second this, so much! It does wonders for me every time, and it's great at exfoliating, too!

@rracheeell01, No drugstore lip balm worked for me because I found that they either dried my lips even more or only helped temporarily, rather than addressing the real problem. If your lips are really dried and chapped, I'd recommend investing into the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask ($20). I had really dry lips and this is one of the products that have kept my lips soft, supple, and hydrated. Your lips will thank you in the long run!

Re: RE: dry lips 24/7 help

@rracheeell01 I second this. I have perpetual dry peeling lips. I have bit agave lip mask as well as Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask. And I love Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask for overnight use as well as during the day. 

Bite mask helps and is pretty good but laneige is better in my opinion. I have the one in light pink color with shimmer and I do think the plane one without color might work better (based on samples I have tried). 

From drugstore, EOS lip balm will help but get the Laniege lip sleeping mask if you can.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
testing