Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
Anonymous Insider

Your absolute minimal of minimalist routine...

What is the least amount that you apply in the AM or ever have? 

RE: Your absolute minimal of minimalist routine...

The least I do in the mornings is a bit of mascara and some highlight, at night I cleanse and moisturize,

The least is no makeup, just skincare. For makeup the least is just some brown eyeliner. Usually I'll just put on some BB Cream & go tho.

Re: Your absolute minimal of minimalist routine...

No makeup?  Then just moisturizer and out the door.

Make-up, foundation and brow pencil

Recently been focusing on my skincare, so typically wash my face & apply a moisturizer. I usually throw a touch of mascara & brow gel on and a sweep of blush for my bare minimum days.

Does this include skincare?

Majority of my life.. nothing, wash face with water on most days (soap only 2x a week)

Now on a minimalist day- Cleanse with a no-soap bar, Vit C serum+moisturizer, SPF if I am going out.

I don't wear makeup everyday even when I go to work, only on special occasions but I am getting into bit more make-up (at least buying though most of it sits in my drawer) since joining this community.

For most of my life it was nothing at all, maybe just mascara.

Now, I try to at least look after my skin. So wipe with a cotton round and water, moisturizer, then spf.

For ten years or so: gold eyeliner and mascara.

Now: plain SPF or CC cream, set with powder; mascara, Hourglass finishing powder, lip balm.

For many years: absolutely nothing

For the past year: lip balm and sunscreen

almond oil and carmex.

Hi @frenziedartist,

The least I apply on days I don't wear makeup but want to look a little more put together is MILK MAKEUP - Blur Stickbecause it mattifies my skin after my skin care and blurs out imperfections. I pair it with the FRESH - Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatmentand Anastasia Beverly Hills Flexible Hold Tinted Eyebrow Gel Blonde

Best,

Rebecca  

Brows gel and mascara

skincare and SPF

The least? Nothing 😄 Some days I just wake up and go. On days I actually have energy to make an effort I'll use (at night) a micellar cleansing water, then wash with a cleansing cream and moisturize my face. I tend to do better with moisturizer at night, for whatever reason

The least effort has probably been using soap on my face in the shower and then applying moisturizer. These days I prefer to wash my face with a proper cleanser, followed by essence, moisturizer, and then sun protection. 

If I'm wearing any make-up at all, I usually just do cream blusher, a little bit of brown eye pencil at the very corner of my eyes, and maybe a little bit of BB cream or primer if I think I look particularly ghostly. I only ever wear clear mascara to avoid eye irritation. I've been doing a little bit of experimentation with eyeshadow lately to see if my eyes will tolerate some occasional use. Make-up is great, but pointless if your eyes are red, itchy, and swollen. I always liked the idea of foundation but I am super pale, so the options used to be limited (and still can be). 

Before I got into skincare - cleanse face with water and towel  

Once I got into skincare - cleanse with water, moisturizer, CC cream or sunscreen

I go without makeup probably half of the time. But I'd say if I am putting anything on, the most minimal would be filling in brows, undereye concealer, mascara.

My routine depends hugely on context. Skincare and SPF are a must every day, no matter what. If I'm running errands, I try to get by with sunglasses, undereye concealer, and lip balm 🙂 I do wear makeup for work, and the bare minimum for that is concealer, mascara, and tinted lip balm. 

Moisturizer, eye cream, and SPF.

My absolute minimum is skincare and spf. I’m not afraid to go out without makeup, it just depends on the situation. If I have more time I add things in order of personal importance: mascara, lip gloss, foundation, bronzer/blush, and the very last thing would be eyes. Eyes are the most time consuming so if we are talking minimal, it’s probably not happening.
Conversation Stats
testing