Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|
Anonymous Insider

Your absolute minimal of minimalist routine...

What is the least amount that you apply in the AM or ever have? 

Re: Your absolute minimal of minimalist routine...

Hey @frenziedartist

Other than going completely barefaced (minus skincare/SPF, of course), if I'm going pretty minimalist, I'll use a primer, fill in my brows, curl lashes, tightlight, and add mascara. If I have an extra minute or two, I'll throw in some concealer and maybe a highlight. 

Currently loving the Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow Face Primer 1.35 oz/ 40mLto give my skin a subtle glow. If I'm feeling super oily, I'll tap a little Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Setting and Finishing Powder 01 Original Mousseline Pastelover my t-zone. 

For a quick brow, I'll brush Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Tinted Volumizing Eyebrow Gel 4through my brows and define with a pencil like the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® Ultra-Slim Precision Eyebrow Pencil Taupe.

For a naturally lengthened and defined lash, I have been loving my WANDER BEAUTY - Unlashed Volume & Curl Mascara!

Bisous, 

Sian

I work nights so I rarely do makeup, there are only a handful of people who see me and we're all tired and grumpy so no one cares Haha. I will wash my face, put my serum/lotion on and brush my brows up - i had them microbladed in the summer so it's been nice and easier.

RE: Your absolute minimal of minimalist routine...

Same. I swear by my Sunday Riley Good Genes and light coat of mascara before heading to my second shift nursing job. Good Genes gives my skin a great glow and ha truly transformed the quality of my skin (decreased pore size, diminished lines, evened out my skin tone). My patients/co-workers often think I’m 8 years younger than I actually am. I’ll call that a win!

In a pinch it’s face cleanser in the shower. Tone with Fresh Rose toner and moisturizer all over my face. I can even skip eye cream if I’m using a very good moisturizer. That’s the one minute on the go routine.

Of course- if you do makeup the bare minimum is foundation, a one shade eye shadow of your choice, mascara, a swoosh is contour and blush. Always an easy light color lipstick or tinted balm. Oh yeah, some powder to define my brows, nothing fancy.

recently, all i’ve been using is my mario badescu moisturizer/SPF, nyx undereye concealer, laura geller baked foundation, glossier boy brow, and a combo of smiths lip balm and MAC’s chili. plus I use the rose spray from mario badescu and it adds a slight shine to my face where I need it.

I rinse my face with water, tone, moisturize, apply an spf, then I’ll do concealer, powder, bronzer, brows, curl lashes and put on an mlbb lipbalm

oh and i’ll curl my lashes and use my l’oréal lash paradise mascara

Skincare, MAC MSF Natural, L’Oréal Pro Glow Concealer under my eyes, nude liner in waterline and mascara! A tinted balm or gloss on the lips (usually Fresh or Buxom, respectively).

My minimum is face wash, then sunscreen and chapstick. 

If I want to look a bit better, I’ll use toner & vitamin c serum before applying sunscreen, then dust my eyes with loose mineral eyeshadow and a quick coat of mascara. I’ll usually take a bright pink/orange/purple lipstick to apply after I’ve finished my coffee. 

It’s easier for me to go without any makeup because I don’t wear concealer or foundation daily, so bare skin doesn’t feel weird. I think eye makeup makes the biggest difference for me.

My absolute minimum is actually just skincare + sunscreen but if I want to look a little bit better, I'll do under eye concealer plus a little bit of YSL touche eclat, tightline with eyeliner, and lightly dust the hourglass ambient lighting powder all over my face. 

Moisturizer, concealer, and a light to medium colored nude lipstick. This is the very least I could wear and still feel confident. 

My absolute minimum is sunscreen + my Hourglass mineral veil primer. I don't like dealing with makeup when I'm just running errands or when I'm leisure traveling (especially on trips which involve a lot of heat or activities which is basically most of the traveling I do) so I wear sunscreen, my primer and nothing else. I like the Hourglass because it blurs imperfections and helps absorb oil that comes through throughout the day.

Depends where I am going. But for work in my office, my absolute minimum would be brows pencil and setting gel, lip color, mascara.

Mascara and lip balm/gloss. My lashes are long, but blonde-tipped and I feel like my eyes disappear without it. Sunscreen in the form of BB or tinted moisturizer most days. I suck at mornings, so if I want more makeup I'll put it on later at work!

Mine is: skincare including SPF: (I never skimp on this), something to give me a glow (like my fave Givenchy illuminating primer), MUFE HD concealer for dark circles, a little blush (I do a glowy blush if I don't have time for highlight-- my fave is a discontinued Becca one), Laura Mercier eyebrow pencil, and either nude lipstick (Surratt Hevyn) or gloss. I usually curl my eyelashes even if I don't put mascara on.

It depends. If I'm running errands, then just Dior Lip Glow, usually in berry or lilac. For work, the least would be Nars Tinted Moisturizer, a blush (often Glossier Cloud Paint because it's so easy to apply), and a lipstick.

Love lilac lip glow! I need to try berry. What's your favorite shade of cloud paint @txcatx

@blueviolet21 I mostly use Glossier Cloud Paint in Dusk (the nude shade), but I sometimes use Haze for a bit more color. I love this blush so much because it's, like, the easiest thing in the world to apply!

Anonymous Insider

Just concealer and setting spray pretty much every day ‘cause I always wake up at about 7:40, needing to leave by 7:50. Sometimes I’ll also use a little Two Faced peach perfect powder if I’m oily, but I am combo, but mostly dry, skin so that doesn’t happen often.

benefit benetint on my the apples of my cheeks and lips and a little smudge of brown eyeliner.

Conversation Stats
testing