Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club

Which Foundation should I buy?

Hey Everyone! I I am a full-time competitive dancer and I need a foundation that is good for stage! I have been using NYX cosmetics foundation but I am not completely satisfied and not wanting to buy it again, it just didn't meet my hopes. Anyways, I am hoping to find a better, more long lasting, light weight and hope fully a light-medium coverage foundation! There are so many different products and selection. My skin has freckles,  is smooth most of the time and I am usually a shade medium. Does anyone has any products they could suggest to me? Thank you!

Which Foundation should I buy?

Hey there! I am an actress and I had a similar foundation hunt looking for a good one for lights and action. I have been using the CoverFX power play for a while and I'm loving it. It has a really fast set time and stays put but you definitely have enough time to blend and conceal with it, plus it's fairly buildable so you can put a thinner layer on your freckles if you want them to peep through and you can build more layers on trouble areas! When I put powder on my foundation it stays for hours in humidity, in cold and wind, under hot lights, all the above. I've used a lot of "full coverage/longwear" type foundations that still melt off or look super fake and cakey but CoverFX always looks satin finish flawless on me and takes blushes and powders well. It also hasn't broken me out and I'm really really prone to cystic acne so that's a HUGE plus for me. The shade range is also huge so there's definitely gonna be a good match for you!

also! I use the veil mineral primer with it. I like to ap...

also! I use the veil mineral primer with it. I like to apply this foundation with the urban decay blur brush but honestly you do you! it's really fast with my brush but my friend likes her beauty blender so either is good with this one

Re: also! I use the veil mineral primer with it. I like to ap...

Awesome! I will definitely try it out! Thank you so much!

Re: Which Foundation should I buy?

I would suggest makeupforvever HD stick and apply with a dense buffing brush. Quick application! I actually think sephora is coming out with a light-medium liquid foundation, I saw a preview on their Snapchat- not sure when it will be out! Good luck! 

Love love love MAKE UP FOR EVER, but I haven't tried the HD Stick... I useMAKE UP FOR EVER - Water Blend Face & Body Foundation for light coverage, it was a dewy natural finish, so not for you if you like matte. If you want medium coverage, with a more matte finish go for the MAKE UP FOR EVER - Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation

Thank you! That's one I'm hoping to purchase!

Kat Von D is really good at coverage, but it is a bit thicker/heavier. I’ve swatched Fenty and it is not heavy. But I would recommend going in store and trying some out. So you can make a good decision for your needs, I believe they let you take a small sample home some times.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it!

@natslovelistwrote:

Kat Von D is really good at coverage, but it is a bit thicker/heavier. I’ve swatched Fenty and it is not heavy. But I would recommend going in store and trying some out. So you can make a good decision for your needs, I believe they let you take a small sample home some times.

You’re welcome 😊

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing