Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

What’s the best setting powder for dry/fine lines in the under eye area?

Hello! I’m on the hunt for a good under eye setting powder that will last all day, not crease, and no flash back! (I know, a lot to ask). I have dry skin and fine lines under my eyes that I’m trying to work on with better skin care products and techniques! I’ve used the Laura mercier setting power for years but stopped when my under eye area became dry and fine lines appeared. The powder would cake up a lot under my eyes. The RCMA translucent powder is great at setting since it’s not heavy, but it leaves a super bad white cast under my eyes. I have a medium/deep skin tone. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

RE: What’s the best setting powder for dry/fine lines in the under eye area?

Maybe you should try Becca new undereye brightening setting powder. It is so light and easy to apply. Does not set into the lines and does not cause flashbacks. Offers beautiful finish

Re: RE: What’s the best setting powder for dry/fine lines in the under eye area?

I am really excited to try this.

What’s the best setting powder for dry/fine lines in the under eye area?

Cover FX perfect setting powder - never cakey, always smooth. you can bake with it or set. it is also transparent yet airbrushes skin.

Re: What’s the best setting powder for dry/fine lines in the under eye area?

I haven't tried the Cover FX perfect setting powder, but I have tried their illuminating setting powder which I love for the under eyes particularly. I got it from the CoverFX site. I'm not sure if Sephora carries it.

Plus, the Cover FX powder comes in a deeper option which...

Plus, the Cover FX powder comes in a deeper option which would be great for the OP!

I've been using the Kat Von D Lock-It Brightening Powder to set my concealer. You only need the tinyest bit and I find that it does not accentuate my fine lines at all, and it does not make my eyes look dry either. Can't say anything about flashback because I do not take many pics.For reference I have tried the Laura Mercier one since everyone seems to rave about it but I returned it immediately because it made my skin look like the Sahara desert. lol

I too used the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening powder and it was horrendous.  I have medium skin tone and also dry skin in my undereye area and it made me look 10 years older.  It was awful. 

I have aging under-eye skin. If I use a concealer, the lines are magnified and it's even worse if I use a powder over the top. Which is why I probably don't use either one  - haven't found the right combo yet.

If the area looks too dry, you could try lightly tapping the area with wet fingers or dab on a little extra eye cream. It does help reduce the powder look. 

Anonymous Insider

Have you tried the dermablend setting powder? I've been using it and love it! I'm starting to get fine lines and it's worked well for me and it sounds like we have a similar skin tone, too. It comes in 3 shades, translucent, medium and saphron (probably spelled that wrong). If you haven't tried it yet, give it a shot!

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos1
testing