Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

What's in your minimal makeup/beauty collection/ bag and why? Curious about what others wear and why

What products do you wear and why? What is "strictly " nesscary and what is just for enjoyment?

To Prep: Rosehip Oil to moisturize my face and neck, and...

To Prep: Rosehip Oil to moisturize my face and neck, and Drunk Elephant Lippe for lips after exfoliating -BB Cream (Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox) -A brow brush to comb out lashes and brows -Eye Liner ( Kat Von D Tattoo Liner) -Mascara (Physicians Formula Organic) + Lash Curler -Everyday Lip Gloss (Marc Jacobs Enamored Lip Laquer in Rebel Rebel) -Bold Lipstick (Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Nahz Fur Atoo) I also use a highlighting stick but will probably no longer purchase once it expires or runs out

RE: What's in your minimal makeup/beauty collection/ bag and why? Curious about what others wear and why

My must haves are the Sunday Riley CEO moisturizer, Dr Dennis Gross instant radiance sun defense in med-dark, the Bobby Brown peach corrector cream, ABH brow gel in chocolate, Stila Big Huge Lashes mascara & the Bite Beauty agave lip mask. Those are the products I use EVERY day! When I go on vacation I also pack along the Urban Decay blush in revenge, cover fx highlighter in sunlight, and the Laura Geller single eye shadow in gilded bronze. ♥️♥️

Re: What's in your minimal makeup/beauty collection/ bag and why? Curious about what others wear and why

My must-haves are a foundation (prefer powder or a light BB cream), mascara, blush and lip balm (desert island necessity), and a colored lip product. Everything else is for fun - brow stuff, eyeshadow, contour, highlighter, etc. 

RE: What's in your minimal makeup/beauty collection/ bag and why? Curious about what others wear and why

Absolute & unwavering must have in my bag is a brow pencil and lipstick! With those two i can rule the world (: But i also love to have a color corrector, highlight & bronzer for a great everyday natural look

I use the erborian cc cream which I think works well on my skin to even out and protect from sun damage. Then I use the living luminizer by RMS beauty which gives a nice natural glow. If I need it, the glossier stretch concealer under my eyes, then mascara, usually diorshow which never seems to clump and looks natural. Last I love the buxom full on lip polish in dolly. I usually set with all nighter spray.

Bobbi brown BB cream is so underrated - absolute love it for everyday natural looking skin with a healthy glow ☺️

Pur-lisse Tinted BB, with a beauty blender, Kat Von D setting powder. Tarte powder foundation. Hoola powder. Anastasia brow wiz , clear brow gel. If I want to up the look clear mascara prior to Too Faced BTS mascara (keeps from clumping and fall out). Naked 2 palette and a loose kylielighter in santorini tarte blush. BareMinerals makes the most amazing matte lipgloss it goes on effortlessly.
Anonymous Insider

Re: What's in your minimal makeup/beauty collection/ bag and why? Curious about what others wear and why

stictly: i use the too faced hangover primer, nars radiant creamy concealer, laura mercier powder, too faced chocolate soleil bronzer

for some extra: i use some blush from tarte in ecstatic and i loveeeee holographic makeup sticks from milk makeup and from colourpop, and mascara (either better than sex or roller lash) if I'm feeling super extra ill do a little warm toned eyeshadhttps://community.sephora.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/makeup-minimalists/message-id/1592#ow using the modern renaissance palette 

I use these on a daily basis:

They’re Real! Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara by Benefit 

(gives really great volume, hands down the best mascara I've tried)

Brow Wiz by Anastasia 

(really natural colour and precision fine tip pencil) 

and on days where I feel i need extra coverage I use Amazonian Clay Waterproof 12-Hour Concealer by Tarte.

(doesn't feel cakey or heavy and still covers properly)

Eyebrows- frame the face Mascara- eyes are the stars of the face Concealer for any blemishes- even skin

Brows, Highlight, and blush are a must. My mascara is for fun because I usually do Falsies if not Extensions 💕💕 Mink lash extensions are such a must omygosh.

I use two drops of Argon Oil to keep dewy, Anastasia SunDipped glow kit Bronze and Summer for highlight. Sephora line Blush for the cheekies. Maybelline Great Lash big brush in brown for the lashes. And finally perfect brows with Anastasia brow pencil in the deeper brown shade, i cant remember what the name is right now though.
Anonymous Insider

Great question, @natalieanndawso.  My absolute “must have” products are IT Cosmetics Anti Aging Armour SPF 50 – it’s a tinted sunblock that on good skin days is enough to even out my complexion; NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer to cover any blemishes or dark spots that peek through the tinted sunblock; Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask to keep my lips moisturized and soft, especially in the winter; and a lipstick or a lip gloss for a pop of color – in terms of product/color, for every day, I like a my-lips-but-better color, and usually reach for Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Dolly, but sometimes will go for a pop of color for the season – this winter, it’ll be either Burberry Kisses Lipstick in Oxblood No. 97 or Fenty Stunna Lip Paint in Uncensored.  Those are what I need at an absolute minimum.  

Extras include: 

• a wash of Burberry Pale Barley eyeshadow – if I wear it dry, it adds a little something to my look, and if I apply it went, it gives my eyes a nice “pop”;
  • my Shu Uemura eyelash curler – using this gives my lashes a boost and helps me look more awake;
  • mascara – am loving Fairydrops Scandaleyes Waterproof Mascara at the moment;
  • brow gel – Glossier Boy Brow in brown
  • blush for a pinch of color, usually Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour blush in Exposed

1.) Primer: urban decay 2.) Foundations: Neutrogenas clear days ahead foundation because it works well on my dry skin, helps avoid breaking out, and has SPF. 3.) Sonja kasuk liquid Illuminator as kind of a highlight/mix in with my foundation. Makes me look fresh and awake (two things I’m generally not haha) 4.) Lengthening mascara 5.) touch of warm peachy blush and chapstick And bonus if I’m either really tired looking or I’m some how not late- a dark brown eyeliner on my top lid.

I do dr. Jart+ black label detox BB cream, Rollerlash mascara and Fenty universal lip gloss. I’m a mom of three and I love the B.B. cream to even out my complexion, the mascara to open my eyes and the gloss because my Nana used to say no look is complete without a lipstick haha

Re: RE: What's in your minimal makeup/beauty collection/ bag and why? Curious about what others wear and why

Dr. Jart+ black label detox is great!  I agree @bakeamuffin.  That plus some concealer for undereye circles is great for a simple 'no makeup' look.  Add Cover Girl lash blast volume mascara and fresh sugar lip treatment in petal, and I'm all set

Primer - cause my pores are huge and nobody likes creases 

Concealer - I am no stranger to dark circles and good old pimples

Powder - to set all that make myself less shiny

Blush - I'm really pale

Occasionally Mascara - for when I'm feeling a little ~fancy~

Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 17 Contributors
testing