Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
Anonymous Insider

What is an easy eye look for beginners?

What colors or applying tips do you recommend?

Re: What is an easy eye look for beginners?

1. Prime your eyelids with: urban decay eyeshadow primer

2. If you have oily skin type then this step will help eyeshadows last even longerwithout creasing: use a nude shade of mac’s paint pot (ex. Ochre or  Painterly)  all over your eyelids as a base.

3. Apply an eyeshadow color that compliments your eye color all over the lid. My eyes are brown and I love using Mac’s “All that glitters” eyeshadow (it comes off as a shimmery rose gold color on my neutral fair Asian skin tone)

4. Take a matte brown or any darker shade of eyeshadow (I just use elf matte brown shadows) and apply lightly on the crease to create dimension.. lastly blend, blend, blend! 

5. Optional: add a highlighter at your inner corners. I use fenty beauty or glossier play but you can also just use any shimmery pearl eyeshadow; curl lashes and add glossier mascara. 

These are just tried and tested products and methods I use on the daily for a quick easy and eye look that lasts all day. Hope it helps! 

I think a good cat eye is simple and looks great wherever you go. However, my everyday look is bronzer on my eyelids or brow line. 🙂

RE: What is an easy eye look for beginners?

A trick that I use everyday is bronzer on my lids and a nice shimmery inner corner highlight, simple but so beautiful.

Hi @Anonymous,

If you're a beginner, I highly recommend starting with using one shade all over the lid. Look for an eyeshadow shade with a multi-dimensional look to make your eyes pop. The new Pat McGrath Eyedols single shades are amazing for a simple look. For a chic, everyday look I recommend the Burnished Honey shade. If you want some shimmer, the shade Celestial is a beautiful champagne that can be used all over the lid.

https://www.sephora.com/product/eyedols-eye-shadow-P443761?skuId=2220788

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

Hi @Anonymous ,

You've received some great suggestions in this thread. 🙂 I second the Natasha Denona Mini Nude Eyeshadow Palette recommendation! 

For my go-to easy eyeshadow looks, I apply one neutral brown or taupe shade across my entire eyelid, and then a pop of shimmer on the inner half of my lid. I hope this helps! 

Best,

Laurie

RE: What is an easy eye look for beginners?

So, this makes me feel old, but I’ve bought every generation of Too Faced’s Natural Matte palette. It’s really just the best, and keeps getting better. My favorite combination is what I call “The Neapolitan.” It’s like the ice cream. From the crease to the brow, a creamy vanilla. In the crease, a sweet strawberry 🍓on the lid, a swoop of chocolate. You can swap out a soft peach in the crease, and you can use a dark chocolate as a liner.

@FellowRose an easy look would be to use a neutral palette like NATASHA DENONA - Mini Nude Eyeshadow Palette or just use one color on the lid  

@FellowRose 

I feel like you can't go wrong with a simple nude look. I have many palettes but my favorite for creating simple, nude looks is the NATASHA DENONA - Camel Eyeshadow Palette.

There are a ton of tutorials on Youtube and simple guides to follow on Google Images to help you get a head start. Don't forget a good eyeshadow primer to extend the length of your look! I recommend looking at the classic Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Original

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing