Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|
Anonymous Insider

What do you do when your foundation looks shiny?

Is it just a bad brand or is there a way to not look so shiny? I prefer the powder dry color look so should I just stick to powder? Definitely new so I’m 100% clueless on how this works.

RE: What do you do when your foundation looks shiny?

Using a primer definitely helps me a lot. And using a foundation that specifically says “matte” on the product. My skin produces way too much oil and I live in a very humid place so it is challenging to look matte all the time. But I recently purchased the It cosmetics CC cream (the matte one of course) and it has helped a lot. It also helps that it has sunscreen in it too! Anyways, I hope this helps. Don’t worry too much. You’ll figure out al the tips and tricks soon enough.

Re: What do you do when your foundation looks shiny?

@Anonymous  After I apply my make-up I like to set it with loose setting powder.  My preference is toward matte foundations but my Cover FX Natural Liquid Foundation can go either way depending on if I have a primer underneath (dewy) or lots of moisturizer.  My Hourglass Vanish has a matte finish.  I personally just like to finish my face with a setting powder even if I am just wearing some foundation and blush.  It prevents shine.  I also carry a pressed powder with me in my purse just in case I break out in a sweat and need to do a touch-up.  

@Anonymous I use a matte primer for my t-zone and a blot powder on top for any areas where I know I will get shiny

You can use a matte primer but make sure you moisturize underneath otherwise your skin will have added oiliness. If you have a long day at work or school you can buy your choice of blotting papers to take with you as well as maybe a travel size setting spray such as the urban decay one . Overall don’t use a ton of cream products in your routine such as maybe adding a powder foundation to your makeup routine or using less of your favorite cream foundation and adding more coverage with powder instead.

I use a matte foundation now but before I did setting powder usually did the trick

I find applying a thinner layer helps as less foundation= longer wearing and less shine. Less is more!

Deffo the type of foundation. Switch to a mattifying foundation or get a mattifying setting powder. My fav powder is Rimmel’s Stay Matte in translucent.

@Anonymous 

The type of foundation you are using plays a role. Not the brand per say, what does the bottle say? Radiant, luminizing, moisturizing, mattifying, long wear etc

@Anonymous you can powder your foundation down to minimize the shine or switch to a matte foundation. 

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing