cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

VERY yellow fair/light skin !?! foundation match help

WARNING>>>this is a pretty long post!!

Ive run into the problem of either too pink or too orange since i started wearing makeup and I'm super fed up!!! so this is where i ask for assistant.. please help?!? 

background info: got shade matched at sephora and it was about (5y02/4y03) and then we tryed YSL TOUCHE ECLAT LE TEINT in BD10 which was a pretty good match, light enough, and a good texture for my dry skin, but it did oxidize a bit orange.. then i tryed the All Hours Full Coverage Matte in bd20 thinking it might work in summer... but it was now flattering (orangey and too dry)

I finally splurged on Koh Gen Do in shade 213... Its a perfect undertone match! the only problem is; although i can get away with the darkness during summer, now that winter is steadily approaching,
 I am back to square one.... So now i'm on the hunt (>.< AGAIN) to find a dewy foundation thats not crazy expensive and maybe with more coverage. Im actually thinking of getting the maybelline instant age rewind in 150 neutralizer. I can never find anything in drugstores yellow enough for my skin but as funny as it sounds, I'm thinking this might just work.

****sidenote: tryed the maybeline IAR in 150, very workable but even that drys a bit dark and slightly orangey.... maybe im just too picky.

list of others i tryed: 

-Gorgio Armani : Luminous Silk (in 3) {too pinky/orangey

-Benefit: "Hello Flawless" (in "2" Petal) {to orangey

- marc jabobs: re(marc)able (12 too light 26 to dark)

- too faced :Born this way (in ivory){ oxidized too orange 

- cover fx:  costom cover drops (in G20 & G30) both too orange,G30 too dark

-ect. (lots of instore swatching usually oxidizes too pink)

thinking about getting some samples of ...

- Nars: sheer glow (in gobi)

-becca: ultimate coverage (in shell)

any other suggestions?

anybody else have this same issue??

ALSO thank you for reading and hopefully responding!!?!

Re: VERY yellow fair/light skin !?! foundation match help

Ah, welcome to the pale olive skin club - everything is either too orange or too pink, or sometimes both.

The 2 foundations that match me the best is MUFE Ultra HD in Y225 and Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder in the lightest color. 

Here are some swatches I often use for reference:

https://imgur.com/r/OliveMUA/GCaPt

RE: VERY yellow fair/light skin !?! foundation match help

I’m 4y05, light with yellow undertones. I found that Bare Minerals BarePRO in Golden Ivory 08 matches me pretty well!

I had the same problem!! I have very yellow undertones as...

I had the same problem!! I have very yellow undertones as well and love it. On the more cost efficient end, any of the tarte \"sand\" shades are quite yellow light sand may be a good choice. On the more luxurious end Natasha Denona has 2 or 3 light shades that work really well with my skin and have yellow undertones. plus her foundations make skin look angelic. I can never find my shade in so many other brands at sephora.

I'm yellow tone as well the age rewind works wonders me a...

I'm yellow tone as well the age rewind works wonders me and the total control drops from nyx is really good.

The pale/fair thread might have more suggestions for you to try too, if you want to check that out. https://community.sephora.com/t5/Complexion-Club/The-Fair-Pale-Thread/m-p/2281076 

One suggestion I would highly recommend is taking the foundation you own now (the Koh Gen Doh where you like the undertone match) and add white mixer for the winter! If you like it so much, it's totally worth working with it. That way you don't have to buy a whole new foundation. I personally have used the NYX white mixer with tons of different foundations and it has never messed with the foundation finish. There is also the LA Girl white mixer (dewier), Manic Panic, and I believe MUFE has one.

If you would rather buy a new foundation to match and the KGD 213 works well, you could try the Maybelline Fit Me line (I've heard it runs yellow in the lightest shades), I think the L'oreal glow foundation runs yellow, and non-drugstore Bobbi and NARS definitely run yellower. KGD 213 is likely comparable to NARS Gobi. 

I personally wear NARS Siberia which is quite yellow, and I know from samples Gobi is yellow-y too. Oh, and looking at the list of things you tried, have you considered whether you are a cool yellow or a warm yellow? I ask because I found the CoverFX drops in any of the G colors to be really warm-yellow, hence looking more "orange" on me. I found the N series to have some yellow to it that worked well. 

For more foundation matches (just to look up ideas on what to try), I would also recommend findation and Temptalia's foundation matrix.

WOW! great information, thank you so much for responding. guess i have to make a list for sephora samples. tired of returning or just straight-up  wasting my money

i tryed to use the white mixer from l.a. girl but i broke out in lots of little clogged pore. but maybe the NYX one would work out better for me. 

Findation and Temptalia became a bit overwhelming but maybe if i find more matches itll fine tune towards what im looking for. 

@skcfan I have fair skin with yellow undertones too! I'm not sure what your skin type is but I am oily so I am going to give you the names and shades of foundations I use that are perfect with my undertones and perfect for oily skin.

Too Faced Peaches and Cream in Porcelain

Estee Lauder Double Wear in Bone 1W1

Urban Decay Naked Skin in 2.0

Tarte Rainforest of the Sea in Fair Neutral

Tarte Shape Tape in Light (not a foundation but can pass as foundation for days when you want a no-makeup look)

Neautrogena Hydra Boost- 110 Classic Ivory

Dior Air Flash in 200

Milk Makeup Blurring foundation in Light

hey thank you for responding, 

my skin type is more combination dry but next time i'm in sephora i'll get samples of :

-Too Faced Peaches and Cream in Porcelain

-Estee Lauder Double Wear in Bone 1W1

-Urban Decay Naked Skin in 2.0

in Tarte Rainforest of the Sea i found fair sand to be the best color-match but it tends to me a bit high maintenance on my skin with breaking up (maybe with my . new skincare routine it would work though) ; & the shape tape is still too pink for me in light.  

Also i wanted to love the Neautrogena Hydra Boost- 110 Classic Ivory but way too pink for me. 

Milk Makeup Blurring foundation in Light oxidized too orange on me also.

Id give my Mac match but theyre all too orange or pink on me too >.<'

I'm just here to say that I'm a 2y04 on Sephora's system and the Too Faced Peach foundation I tried (I'm sorry don't remember which shade) was too yellow for me, so it might work for you. The sales assistant helping me was saying the whole line ran pretty yellow, so good luck!

@wikifilm OMG no! I'm out of ideas 😞 Those are literally the best shade matches I own for my fair, yellow-toned skin. Sorry I couldn't be much help 😞

@wikifilm have you tried stellar foundation in s01? I'm also Koh gen do 213 when I'm more tan, and the Stellar one is similar undertones just lighter

So yes.... I’ve now tried it, bought it & it’s perfect... thank you for the suggestion!!! & sorry for the late response >.< holidays were crazy town!!

@wikifilm I’m glad it works for you! 

Never even heard of it actaully, ill have to try it out...

thank you for responding btw!

14 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing