cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|
Anonymous Insider

Using primer without foundation

Can I use something like porefessional primer or something like that on its own ? To avoid that cakey and unnatural foundation look on my face. I mean does that do something on its own?make my face a little better? Do you know a product that does this?

Re: Using primer without foundation

@kowsarino  I do this all the time. My face is pretty clear except once a month I usually get a breakout. And I was working in a hot area so my makeup would just melt off anyways so I would just use primer and it just gives me the feeling of a less shiny face. Blurs my pores. I like it! I use Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 g and MILK MAKEUP - Blur Stick both work for me!

Anonymous Insider

I actually did this today for the first time! I actually hate the way benefit professional works for me...it just feels slimy and it doesn't adhere to my skin. I've been using elf wireless putty primer and I'm totally on the bandwagon! I feel like it blurred my pores and even calmed my redness. 

I do like Porefessional because it blurs your pores. I like using that, and then a tinted sunscreen (like Elta MD), or you can just use a CC cream or face tint like First Aid Beauty's. It just gives your face a subtle glow and evens out your pores and skin tone a bit. 

I sometimes use just primer to keep it light  natural looking and simple but at the same time to hydrate and avoid further oiliness. The best one I've had is Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Primer. It does the job of covering pores, hydrate the skin and at the same time mattifies.

Also  is amazing when I want to layer up with a heavier makeup look. It's a very good first step to prepare the skin for applying foundation, setting powder, blush, bronzer, highlighter, and everything else.

Tags:

I personally use Benefit's "The POREfessional Face Primer", I love it. I have some mild acne, so this helps blur out those imperfections while also not being too much on my skin! It's great to use under foundation, but just from what I see on my own skin it would be great on it's own as well. 

I use Fenty Beauty  "True Matte" Pro Filt'r Mattifying Primer.  I pat it into my skin and it does the job.  Hides pores and gets rid of shine.  

I say this as someone who loves skincare and hates when my skin feels oily... I swear by Neutrogena's shine control primer (it is the only drugstore makeup I use!) It smooths my pores, dries quickly and without being oily, and on days I don't use makeup, just makes me feel and look a little more put together.  It's got a great texture and takes the excess shine out of your moisturizer if you're having an off day!

I personally mix primers to get what I want. I need matifying primers and green correctors as well. I just bake it and it works really well. Primers can be worn alone if you want there just won't be any tint to hide imperfections unless its a color correct.

RE: Using primer without foundation

I sometimes do this ; when I do I use the primer pearl porefessional primer by benefits . It does surprisingly look great on its own .

@kowsarino  It depends on what you’re trying to achieve. There are primers that can give bare skin a matte or radiant finish, reduce the appearance of pores, and even lightly color correct things like redness and hyperpigmentation. Some primers aren’t invisible and will leave a white cast on deep skin tones. But other primers can be blended to an invisible finish. 

I sometimes wear a mattefying primer just on my oily zone to reduce the shine and blur the look of the big pores there. I usually wear it with no foundation, but sometimes I’ll buff a powder foundation over it (and the rest of my face). I use LANCôME - Blur & Go Stick because it’s invisible on me and works well, but there are plenty of other options. Sometimes I set that primer with setting powder. 

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing