Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Tinted Moisturizer/Natural Makeup Help

Hello beautiful Sephora lovers! I'm on the hunt for something light that I can wear on a daily basis instead of full on foundation. A tinted moisturizer, good BB cream, or even a really sheer foundation! I have tried Laura Mercier and I remember it being a little too sheer for my taste. I have combination skin and looking for something natural looking, but having trouble trying to figure out what to try! Can you beauties give me any recommendations? 

RE: Tinted Moisturizer/Natural Makeup Help

I really like Purlisse BB cream, it covers my combo skin. I use a light concealer then a Beauty Blender to apply the BB and powder to set. Such as Tarte’s Confidence Creamy powder foundation. It covers my scars and blemishes and drastically has improved my skin.

Re: Tinted Moisturizer/Natural Makeup Help

You may want to consider Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue CC cream. 

I agree with a lot of these. I like the IT Cosmetics CC cream a lot. I might also suggest trying Make Up Forever HD foundation (I love the stick foundation). It's not light coverage but it looks so natural on, and makes your skin look perfect without any cake or really any signs of foundation. Plus it blends easily and I put it on quicker than my cc cream

Hello! If Laura Mercier is a bit too light, then I think you’ll appreciate NARS tinted moisturizer. There are two formulations, the Velvet Matte is a bit more opaque and pigmented than the other (I forget what it’s called... it has Radiant in the name somewhere), and definitely gives more coverage than LM without looking unnatural. They also have a variety of shades, so I think color matching will be easy. It also has SPF 30 which is an added bonus. A great light foundation is Dior Star, though it may have been discontinued since I don’t see it? Another great foundation is Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder. Doesn’t matter if I’m wearing TM or foundation—I always wear primer and a good moisturizer under that. I like to throw on a primer with a nice glow. Laura Mercier makes a nice illuminating primer, but my personal favorite is Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow. As far as moisturizers go, I am obsessed with Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream (it is heavy and great for my dry, sensitive skin). Lol can you tell I LOVE Charlotte Tilbury?! 💅🏽
Anonymous Insider

Hi @ieatthewalrus,  my skin is combination-dry, dehydrated and sensitive – in the winter, it leans to being even more dry. Makeup-wise, I’m pretty minimalist most days and tend to go for a more natural look. I’ve had good luck with the following products –

• IT Cosmetics Anti-Aging Armour SPF 50+ - this is a tinted sunblock and it’s one of my favorite discoveries this year. I find that this “beauty fluid” blends nicely and is a good color match for my light-medium skintone. In terms of application, I switch off between applying it with my fingertips and using a cushion compact puff to pat it on my face. I started using this at the end of the summer and it’s held up well in both the warm and cool weather. It does a good job of cover up some of my sun spots and I just dab on some concealer over a couple of acne scars that are taking their slow time healing. This product alone has cut down my morning routine since I use this in lieu of any base foundation or tinted moisturizer. 
  • Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint – this is touted as a tinted moisturizer but I think it probably falls between a tinted moisturizer and a lightweight sheer foundation. If the LM tinted moisturizer was too sheer for you, you may really like this Skin Tint. It contains hyaluronic acid so it has some hydrating properties (a must for me year round, but definitely in the winter) and imparts a subtle, natural healthy glow. A little goes a long way; I just need a small amount of the product. My preference is to use a dampened cosmetic sponge, like the Beauty Blender, and pat it into my skin.
  • It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream – for days when I need a little more coverage, I’ll reach for this CC cream. To me, it’s fairly pigmented (but I don’t generally wear a lot of makeup) and feels like a creamy gel like foundation. It blends into the skin easily. Because to me this feels like it gives more of a medium coverage on its own, I prefer to buff it into my skin and sheer it out with a dampened Beauty Blender.
  • Cushion compacts – these are great for a sheer, natural application. You can build up the coverage with most cushion compacts without your skin looking cakey. The downside of these products is the shade selection. Most of the Korean brands offer 2, maybe 3 color choices and the darkest shade is generally something that will be suitable for light-medium skintones. I’m partial to the Hera UV Mist Ultra Moisture cushion because of my dry skin. Sephora carries a few cushion compacts, with different price ranges and different companies – Amore Pacific and Belif make good ones if you can find a good color match. Sephora now carries Laneige products and I’ve heard good things about the Laneige cushion compact, both the formula and the shade range. Lancôme, Dior and YSL also have cushion compacts out now.  Cushion compacts are known for providing a glow to the skin so if you prefer a more demi-matte coverage, you may need to set with a powder, or, at least the oilier areas.

https://www.sephora.com/product/anti-aging-armour-super-smart-skin-perfecting-beauty-fluid-spf-50-P4...

https://www.sephora.com/product/illusion-hyaluronic-skin-tint-P388108?keyword=hourglass%20skin%20tin...

https://www.sephora.com/product/your-skin-but-better-cc-cream-spf-50-P411885?skuId=1868165&icid2=lp_...

https://www.sephora.com/search/search.jsp?keyword=cushion%20compacts&mode=all

Wow, this is so helpful! Thank you so much! I’m going to check these out!

Dr. Jart and Erborian (wring spelling) surprised me pleasantly: natural looking and beautiful

Re: RE: Tinted Moisturizer/Natural Makeup Help

I recently discovered Dr. Jart as well -  it's a great BB.... A big surprise since the shades are limited.  Have to dot it on lightly though.  If you put on too much, it has a gray cast and can be difficult to wash off.

@ieatthewalrus, there is a 100pt reward mini if you want to try it. 

Wonderful! I'll go check out the mini. Thank you for the advice!

My mistake, there's a code for a deluxe sample with purchase, not a pts reward. 

OOo, thank you!! I’ll check them out!

I just started using It Cosmetics CC cream and I really l...

I just started using It Cosmetics CC cream and I really love it. it moisturizes the skin and doesn't look cakey either. It also has pretty decent coverage. Basically, it looks like natural skin, but just a little better 😊 I haven't broken out from it either. Try the small tube first.

Re: I just started using It Cosmetics CC cream and I really l...

Ohhh! Thanks for the tip!

13 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 30 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing