Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Sunscreen on top of Makeup

Hey all! This may be a basic question... since sunscreen has to be applied every few hours, how do I keep my skin protected without messing up my makeup? Thanks!

RE: Sunscreen on top of Makeup

I put sunscreen over make up all the time! The trick is to get sunscreen that’s very lightweight. I order hada labo through amazon from Japan (Asian sunscreens have chemical filters that cover a broader range of UV spectrum and chemical filters feel lighter than physical filters like zinc/titanium oxide). Hada labo and biore UV (japan version) are my favs. They have the same consistency as the Neutrogena hydro boost sunscreen. To apply, put some in your palm and then instead of rubbing it over your face, gently dab it. Takes a bit more time but totally doable. Probably wouldn’t work with any physical filter sunscreens though cause these leave a cast if not rubbed in properly.

RE: Sunscreen on top of Makeup

Powder sunscreens are great as they contain mineral filters which physically block the sun. As soon as you put the powder over your makeup you are protected. Peter Thomas Roth makes a really good one with a brush so it’s perfect for on the go! Another good one that I’ve been loving is the Coola setting spray. This is a formula which uses chemical sunscreen instead of physical. Try them both and see which one you like best!

Re: Sunscreen on top of Makeup

I've been using a powder mineral sunscreen for reapplication! I've been using the mineral powder sunscreen from peter thomas roth and love it! It's super compact and easy to throw in a bag so I can take it with me wherever I go. Hope this is helpful!  https://www.sephora.com/product/instant-mineral-spf-45-P261607 

@claredaly you can use SUPERGOOP! - Antioxidant-Infused Sunscreen Mist With Vitamin C Broad Spectrum SPF 50, KATE SOMERVILLE - UncompliKated SPF 50 Soft Focus Makeup Setting Spray or SUPERGOOP! - Invincible Setting Powder SPF 45

Thanks!

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing