Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Phone Number Not Linked to Account

Every time I go to Sephora, I'm asked to provide my email or phone # when checking out so that my account can be pulled up. When this happens, I then give my phone # which doesn't pull up my account. This happens every single time. Then, whoever is ringing me out updates my profile by adding it & saving. The next time i go on, same issue. I would really like to get this resolved. 

Thank you

RE: Phone Number Not Linked to Account

Omg same here-- I just posted about this in customer support! It's so annoying! Hopefully this glitch is fixed soon...
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Phone Number Not Linked to Account

I've been having the same issue since i became a rouge back in 2015. 

It still isn't fixed with my cell but they always find my email. 

so its not too bad but i do wish they could just add my phone number once and be done with it!

SLB93 wrote:
Omg same here-- I just posted about this in customer support! It's so annoying! Hopefully this glitch is fixed soon...

Re: Phone Number Not Linked to Account

@Rachh16 - I feel your pain! This has been happening to me for well over a year, and no amount of re-entering it into the system seems to keep it there. I don't carry my BI card on me, and don't like to provide my email to look up my account as it contains my last name which is difficult to spell and easy to mis-hear as most Sephora stores are busy places and a tad noisy as a result. 

My way around it has been to keep the Sephora app on my phone, then tap the "show card" feature for them to scan. Perhaps that will work for you, too? Of course, when I went in yesterday and tried this, I had somehow been signed out, and the app wouldn't let me back in (bad signal, I guess?). But I'd love to have this sorted - I always used to provide my number in the past, then one day it disappeared, and whenever someone tries to add and save (either in-store or on the phone) it never sticks. Very frustrating!! 

@terpsichore thank you! I dont have enough storage on my phone for essentially anything, so keeping the sephora app right now is unfortunately not in the cards. However, I could download the app with my beauty card loaded and screen shot it and then delete the app. I will try this! thank you!!

@Rachh16 Ooh, a screen shot is a great idea! I hope it works for you.

Also, I just wanted to add that I got my phone number fixed!!! A lovely associate worked with me in-store for a little while. I think the trick was changing other info on the same page. We had tried and failed to fix my number a few times, and I joked it was ok since my birth year was wrong too, so she tried to fix that as well. For some reason after trying that, it stuck!! We tried searching for me in the system via my phone number, and now it works every time. 

Worth a shot! Good luck! 😄

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing