Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
Anonymous Insider

New to makeup

I have tried a couple things here and there. I don’t have a lot of time and don’t wanna look glamorous just something simple to wear. What are some items I should have to do the most with the least?

RE: New to makeup

What parts matter most to you? Learn that, then just apply to those areas. For instance, I will ALWAYS wear mascara to work (curled or not). It just makes me look more awake and put together. I always use a bit of brow gel (love boy brow from glossier, super easy, like a mascara wand) cuz I want I bit more definition. ALWAYS with a mattifying powder whether or not I use BB cream cuz I’m oily. And if I’m feeling it, I like to add a swipe of highlighter to my cheekbones. Quick and simple, but still look fire.

Re: New to makeup

I am still fairly new myself but the things I couldn't live without and really made a difference jumping into this was to have a really good makeup remover (makes practicing way easier) and primer.  I use a primer often without even using foundation.  It just make the minimal make up I do use stay where it should.  

Good luck, have fun!

One thing that might help you as you're learning what you like to wear and how to use it is to spend time practicing with it! It might sound silly but I learned to do some more creative makeup looks I was interested in AND streamline my makeup application time by just practicing with it if I had a free night or afternoon. I like makeup so my daily routine takes 7-10 minutes and I wear a medium coverage foundation that I apply with my fingers, a lightly pigmented blush, eyeliner, filled in eyebrows with powder and mascara. Usually I put on my lip gloss as I'm leaving the house. It sounds like a lot of steps but it really doesn't take long. If you want to start off with less makeup evening out your skin tone/eye circles and warming your skin up with a light blush goes further than it sounds in terms of looking put together. A complimentary lip color and some lightly applied mascara won't look too overdone or glamorous, just put together. Have fun experimenting and good luck!

@Anonymous I would suggest concentrating on things that are important to you.

For instance, when I don't have time I like to put on a tinted moisturizer, set with powder, do my eyebrows, blush, lipgloss and mascara.  For days I lack sleep I will add an undereye brightener.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing