Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes

Natural looking Eyeliner

How do you make eyeliner thin enough so that it isn't so harsh and unnatural looking? Mine always ends up too thick and with a space that I can't fill in between the line I have made and my lashes!!

Re: Natural looking Eyeliner

try to lift your upper lid and stretch it upwards using your finger, tightline with a waterproof pencil (so as not to smudge if ur eyes are watery) and then wiggle the pencil tip between the lashes to blacken the skin between the hairs for the most natural eye defined look

@becsbecca I don't have a tip for getting closer to the lash line, but for a thinner line you can try a thinner pencil.  Hourglass 1.5MM Mechanical Gel Eye Liner Obsidian

RE: Natural looking Eyeliner

Using a creamy eyeliner pencil, look up so that your eyes are wide open and your lashes are out of the way and gently smudge the liner through your lashes onto your eyelid at the very base of your inner lash line. Sometimes I use a brush or fingertip to smudge it more evenly afterwards. And you can clean up any stray liner that gets on your waterline with a damp q-tip. I do this when I’m looking to thicken my lash line without the stark line that eyeliner gives.

@becsbecca use a kohl liner for smooth application in a dark brown shade.  Charlotte Tilbury and Pat McGrath both make great ones. 

I use an eye pencil from Estée Lauder in the shade Coffee when I want a more natural effect. The pencil is smooth and doesn’t tug against the eyelids, yet also lasts throughout the day. I line my lower lash line when I wear this too (which I wouldn’t do if the colour was black, since it’d look too harsh). It gives me a wide-eyed/doe eyes effect 🙂 @becsbecca @piaz8niaz 

Hi @becsbecca,

For the most natural looking eyeliner, use a dark brown eyeshadow. Apply it along the lash line for a soft look. I really like the shade ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS - Eye Shadow Singles - Hot Chocolate.

Another option is the use an eyeliner and then smudge it in. I love a dark brown eyeliner for a natural, everyday look. My favorite shade is the MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner - (Earth)quake 41. I then smudge it in with an eyeshadow brush after applying it. Also, apply it after your eyeshadow so you can blend the two shades.

I hope this helps!

RE: Natural looking Eyeliner

Try smudging a pencil liner or dark eyeshadow along the lash line for a softer, more natural look.

Re: RE: Natural looking Eyeliner

Do you have a pencil eyeliner that you recommend?

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing