cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|
Anonymous Insider

Natural look

Hi!   I’m new to makeup.   I’m a 40 something trans.   I’m looking for an everyday natural look.   Any recommendations?    I have blue eyes with light hair and skin.

Thanks and hugs!

Ash

Re: Natural look

My every day natural makeup is a tinted sunscreen (Elta MD is the one I use), a CC cream (I use Thrive Causemetics), the Tatcha The Pearl (under eye brightener, light tint to it), Tarte concealer if I need a little extra, mascara (I use Thrive Causemetics), some cheek tint (I've used a few types but currently using Glossier, but I've tried out RMS beauty's and it's great!!), and a lip liner. I'm really liking the Charlotte Tilbury lip liners right now. If I want a little something extra, I add some brow gel (Glossier or Benefit) and a little bit of eye shadow from the small Naked palette.

Natural look

Also follow Sam Chapman on IG. She also have a Youtube channel with her sister. They are both brilliant make up artists from UK. Sam has some great day looks, especially on IG and does 5 mins videos. Good luck! 💗

RE: Natural look

if youre looking to figure out how to do natural makeup i recommend watching ella grant's makeup tutorial on youtube. she really seems to have nailed the natural yet feminizing style, best of luck!

Hi Ash! 

I’d definitely recommend getting a skin tint, a good blush, and a good mascara. Those are my “can’t live without” products for everyday. I recommend the BENEFIT COSMETICS - Hello Happy Soft Blur Foundation - Shade 1, BAREMINERALS - BOUNCE & BLUR Blush - Mauve Sunrise, and the Essence Volume Stylist Mascara.

❤️

@Ashley12317 I'm not in my 40's yet- not trying to be rude just pointing out that there may be challenges I wouldn't be as familiar with so take this with a grain of salt.

For an everyday natural look I absolutely love NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 St. Moritz I use the MILK MAKEUP Hydro Grip Hydrating Makeup Primer with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide 1.52 / 45 mLunderneath and love it, but I know that it's had very mixed reviews and does very little for texture, it just provides hydration and staying power. Primers with silicone are going to be the best for texture- I also like Milk Makeup's blur stick but the Hourglass primer is also a great choice. I really like the sephora collection eye primer, so a face primer by them may also be worth a shot at a more approachable price point.

After my tinted moisturizer, I brush on a setting powder- I mostly use a setting powder because it gives a powder base that makes it easier to blend out my powder blush and bronzer. If you choose to go with a cream blush/bronzer the setting powder might not be as important. For powder blush- Sephora collection and Cover FX are my go-tos but Hourglass has some super build-able natural looking options that impart a bit of glow and Tarte has some good ones also. For bronzers- Physician's formula has some great glow-y options that aren't sparkly (and overall Target has really stepped up their beauty game) but I also love Hourglass, again. Fenty has some fantastic matte options in a wide range of colors. For setting powder I really like both Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Translucentand HOURGLASS - Ambient® Lighting Powder - Dim Light

If this seems overwhelming- try going to a store! The short version- Tinted moisturizer, blush, bronzer and maybe a tinted lip balm/ neutral lip color and mascara. Knowing the finish you want can be difficult without personal experience, which is where an in-person trial or makeup session comes in.  I heard Sephora might be doing away with the comped makeup sessions for a $50 spend, but I'm sure many makeup counters at department stores would be happy to assist!

Try out youtube too! I love Sam Ravendal and Mel Thompson but Mel tends to be more glam. Both give good general advice technique wise IMO and while I don't do my makeup like either they were a good starting place to start trying new things

Good Luck!

Her advice is great! Literally all the same products I'd...

Her advice is great! Literally all the same products I'd recommend. I would stay away from heavy foundation, I'm into natural healthy glowly skin. I think dewy skin looks fresh and young.
Anonymous Insider

Thank you so much.   This is so helpful.   I’ll probably go to a Sephora store to get a makeover.    Im a little overwhelmed right now!

Ash

@Anonymous It is super overwhelming at the beginning, when I first started all the talk about finishes and powder vs cream and brushes vs sponges was just all so many words before I really got into trying it for myself. It's rough at the start, for sure, but the ladies at my local sephora(s) have always been super helpful and knowledgeable when I had question and as time goes on you will get the hang of what works best for you

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing