Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Moisturizers with SPF?

I WANT to love BareMinerals Complexion Rescue, but I just look too damn shiny and unnatural. Any recommendations for a good moisturizer with SPF that won't let me look like and empanada?

I really like the Clinique Super City Block Oil-Free Dail...

I really like the Clinique Super City Block Oil-Free Daily Face Protector. They have one that is SPF 25 and one that is SPF 40. I use the SPF 40 year round.

Re: Moisturizers with SPF?

I love the Origins Ginzeng moisturizer with the tint and SPF. It's not exactly a tinted moisturizer because there aren't different shades but it does tint and match to your skin tone most of the time. 

I recommend Cetaphil Oil Control SPF 30 moisturizer. As a girl with combo skin, I love this product because it's mattifying while also providing moisture and sun protection.

RE: Moisturizers with SPF?

I use the aveeno daily moisturizer with SPF 30. It’s nice, but does leave me a little greasy and it does come off with sweat or water.

Neutrogena's Hydroboost with SPF. But it has a low SPF, and moisturizer isn't something you can really reapply throughout the day. That's why I switched to/added Supergoop's settig spray that has SPF 50. It doesn't smell like sunscreen, it's easy to reapply as you're supposed to, and it does set my makeup. You can get a small bottle for 12$ and I really think it's worth it.

I like Murad Essential-C Daily Moisturizer, and when it's been particularly dry, I've been using Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer.

@MissRandomGuru I know this isn't exactly answering your question, but I always use Laura Mercier powder to set my BareMinerals Complexion Rescue and since it's mattifying it really doesn't look shiny or too crazy like it does if you don't

RE: Re: Moisturizers with SPF?

Thank you. I’ll try that! I’m not ready to give it up 😕

I use Caudalie Resveratrol with SPF (20).  It is labeled as a lifting product, so the cost reflects that, unfortunately. What I also use to help control shine is Shiseido Ibuki smart filtering smoother.  I put a little on my t zone after the Caudalie and it keeps me a bit more matte throughout the day. 

People love it or hate but I use the Umbra sunscreen by Drunk Elephant. It's 20% zinc and is loaded with antioxidants. I have dry skin and I find the new formula very emollient so maybe not the best if you're oily but it's perfect for me. There's also a tinted version i haven't tried yet.

I'm in the same boat. It's okay, I feel I have a good color match, but I don't want to have that dewy/glowy look. A friend recommended the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer but I have yet to try it. Good luck!

I can't recommend one (sorry; super unhelpful) because I've been researching and have learned some experts think a moisturizer with a sunscreen is just a really overpriced, inadequate sunscreen. They recommend using separate products to get full benefits of both, and to not spend a ton on the sunscreen bit (though to buy broad spectrum). 😕

I agree with what you are saying! To get the most out of...

I agree with what you are saying! To get the most out of both i use a moisturizer separately frim my spf to get the most out of both. Right now I use Peter Thomas Roth cloud cream and Dr. Dennis Gross non chemical SPF 50 spray. This spf can be used for the face and body. To apply to my face I use 1 pump and rub into my face. Although expensive I feel like it will last mr a great while.

Anything that has a heavy shine probably is best to be used at night which will give you a radiant glow in the morning. I use shiseido white lucent one pump is all you need during the day before applying your make up. But it all depends on what you are looking for and what concerns you are trying to address. Hope this helps
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
testing