Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup remover?

Every time I take off my mascara and eyeliner there are still some left over and by the time I’m done my eyes are irritated. Any good ones out there or tips? Thanks:)

RE: Makeup remover?

Farmacy green clean hands down.

Re: Makeup remover?

I second the recommendation for Tatcha's One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil https://www.sephora.com/product/pure-one-step-camellia-cleansing-oil-P392235 (it's amazing and honestly takes everything off for me without being stripping) and I also echo the recommendation for Bioderma Sensibio H2O (I get mine from Beautylish since Sephora doesn't sell it). I use Bioderma when I'm feeling a little bit lazier at night - I just soak an organic cotton round (no cotton gets stuck on your face with the organic rounds), hold it over my eyes (for example), and lightly wipe away.

Either one is great at removing waterproof/seemingly stuck makeup, and neither irritates my eyes (that's a deal breaker for me). 

I like the makeup eraser cloths (I have the Sephora brand...

I like the makeup eraser cloths (I have the Sephora brand but it's really just a microfiber cloth). I use it with a cleansing water and it work wonders for me.

COCONUT OIL works wonders use some on a little pad and ev...

COCONUT OIL works wonders use some on a little pad and everything off in a swipe (:
Anonymous Insider

I love makeup forever "sense eyes" takes everything off even waterproof in a few gentle swipes without feeling greasy

Bump! I totally agree.

Honestly, Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser... comes in a light blue bottle with a white pump... works amazing! It’s a face wash and makeup remover... I had tried more expensive products but this seems to work best! Gently massage skin and eyes with product and a damp face and all my eye makeup is gone! It’s like $8 at Target/Walmart/CVS/Walgreens.

Tatcha cleansing oil. Prior to that I felt like I had tried everything and nothing was working. You can get their travel size to test but i use this to remove all my makeup including my waterproof mascara and either leave it at that or double cleanse with a moisturizing cleanser. Works like a charm.

I love Bioderma with the pink cap. I put a little on a cotton pad hold it to my eye for about 20 seconds and then it all wipes away. I use a lot of water proof products and this even takes those off.

I tried Farmacy "Green Clean". It was one of those specia...

I tried Farmacy "Green Clean". It was one of those special samples, kinda like a travel size. Looks like a lip balm in a little tin ... it's Amazing! I bought the full size. It's definetly worth a try!

Re: Makeup remover?

I've been using miscellar water and just the Sephora makeup wipes and I have never had any residue on my face

I use Clinique Take the day off cleansing oil and not an ounce of mascara or any makeup is left. If I have a lot of makeup on that day I put the oil on a cotton ball and wipe it away, otherwise a few pumps on my fingertips is all I need.

Is the oil better then the balm? Thanks 🙂
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Makeup remover?

I think it just depends on your skin type and personal preferences which is better. I use the Take The Day Off Makeup Remover (the liquid dual phase product) and sometimes the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm for if I'm wearing heavy eye makeup. (For me, heavy eye makeup basically means any look that requires mascara.) Either works well for that for me, but the balm is good to have for travel (evil airplane liquid caps ...). I don't think the dual phase product is intended for foundation, etc., just eye makeup and lipstick, while all the other products in the line are for all over. I don't use the balm for all over, however, because it always seems to break me out if I do. I stick with Tatcha Camellia Cleansing Oil for that (first step in my double cleansing routine).

Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
testing