Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|
Anonymous Insider

Makeup newbie seeking basic advice

Hi,

I recently pulled out makeup that i haven't used in a while, and have been thinking of using it again. I'm the type of person who never wears makeup except for special occasions. So, I have this Covergirl Whipped Creme foundation and Covergirl professional pressed powder for my skin along with primer and CC creme. What is the order for application? Am I missing a step? Is pressed powder supposed to be used after foundation?

Thank you!

Re: Makeup newbie seeking basic advice

Make-up has a shelf life and often, you will see an expiry date. If your make-up is more than 6 months old; toss it. You may want to look at a BB cream applied with a damp beauty sponge, some concealer and a translucent setting powder. A radiant blusher can be applied to the apples of your cheeks up to your temples, a sweep of mascara and lip gloss and you should literally be good to go. I'm not sure of your age, but am thinking you are likely in your 20's or younger?

You would use the primer first to prep the skin, then add the foundation or the cc cream (you could even mix the two together), then I would get a concealer (Pretty vulgar has the one I use), and finally you would add the powder to set it all!

@Anonymous Use the primer (if you want long wear or need some correction), then cc cream or foundation, then powder. Easy peasy! 💖

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing