Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Looking for a new skin care routine

I am looking for a product to even the texture of skin. I breakout along my hair line mostly, and on my neck/jaw line (due to hormones) I also want to reduce the look of my pores, while having them cleaned out. Please advise! Thank you

*sensitive skin 

RE: Looking for a new skin care routine

Hey! I get small red spots all around my face, and I have a bumpy skin problem on my forehead. I have recently started using a salicylic acid cleanser (Murad) to dry out the pimples, a glycolic acid toner (The Ordinary) to resurface and even the texture, and finally a retinol night cream (Murad) for general acne maintenance and collagen production. I also have a day moisturiser (Kiehls) which I use to keep skin hydrated. After a couple of weeks, my skin is looking really really great. If you’re on a budget, the glycolic acid toner is very cheap, and I’m sure you can find a salicylic acid cleanser for not a lot of money too. I think these ingredients, combined with a good moisturiser, are the most important to combat acne and bad skin texture.

RE: Looking for a new skin care routine

I’ve used Dermalogica and it’s a great product line! My dermatologist also likes it too!!

Re: Looking for a new skin care routine

Get a sample of Sunday Riley's Good Genes and the Luna Retinol Sleeping Oil.  

I would also recommend using a cleansing oil to break the makeup/dirt from your face and then going in with more of a creamier cleanser.  This may help with the breakouts the hairline and neck/jaw. 

Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One AHA Lactic Acid Treatment 1.7 oz / 50 ml

Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Retinoid Night Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mL

You should try a chemical exfoliant! There are a lot of different ones out there, but you can find a lot that are affordable. Just make sure you wear sunscreen!

Hi @Kelsemcka I agree with @cayjay a chemical exfoliant is a great way to combat texture without causing too much irritation. I really like the FIRST AID BEAUTY - Facial Radiance PadsThey are gentle but effective!

Hi there @Kelsemcka,

Our DERMALOGICA - Breakout Clearing Boostercan help to reduce hormonally-influenced breakouts. Apply a few drops on cleansed skin then apply your moisturizer. To even the texture, consider Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Refillable Exfoliator 2.6 oz/ 74gwhich is super gentle yet effective in smoothing the skin. To use this, add water to half a teaspoon of the powder and make a foamy paste to dissolve the powder. Daily Microfoliant is also very brightening and can reduce scarring caused by breakouts.

We hope you find this helpful! 

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing