Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
Anonymous Insider

Light coverage foundations?

I hate thick or cakey foundation I’m looking for a super lightweight foundation that basically mimics skin (kinda like a is she wearing foundation or is her skin just naturally pretty look). I only need it to basically help even out my skin tone a bit but i still want to be able to kind of see my skin basically I’m looking for lightweight and natural. I’m currently using Laura mercier tinted moisturizer and i like it but I’m not in love sometimes i feel it’s a bit patchy and doesn’t blend into my skin well enough. I basically don’t want people to even be able to tell if i have foundation on or not and i find a lot of foundations just sit on top of my skin and look terrible. I have normal to combo skin Any suggestions?

Supergoop CC cream feels great on the skin, contains mineral spf, wears well all day and does not oxidize.

RE: Light coverage foundations?

I’m currently using The First Aid Beauty Triple Protection Skin Tint. I love it a lot, especially for my oily skin during the summer (and the SPF is an added bonus for when I’m feeling a little spry with my sunscreen). It has buildable coverage, but it honestly works fine with just a thin layer. I don’t use it across my face, but rather for spot treatment over discoloration, acne scars, redness, or scratches. It works great for that, and I can say that I don’t have to retouch during the day if I wear a lightweight primer underneath!

Have you tried bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Gel? It feels cool and refreshing going on and covers more than you’d expect from something so sheer. Feels like you’re not wearing makeup too!

Re: Light coverage foundations?

@Anonymous I agree with @JessLess and @RaquelBT!!  I love IT Cosmetics CC cream! It’s great for dry skin as it keeps my face hydrated and gives me a nice natural looking glow. It has SPF 50, it’s super blendable and has light, comfortable coverage. 🤗😍

Koh Gen Do, armani luminous silk, or ilia. If you have acne prone skin I would recommend ilia because its noncomedogenic. Also if you have dry skin you should avoid armani luminous silk because it has denatured alcohol in it.

IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream (it’s literally in the name LOL) I’ve never tried another product that gives such a natural finish,... It doesn’t cake up and the coverage is completely adjustable. Sounds like exactly what you’re looking for!

My absolute favorites are the Dr. Jart+ BB creams (specifically the Premium Beauty Balm)! They are so natural and offer just enough coverage to even out the complexion and cover more mild blemishes. I have really oily skin and I don't have any problems with them wearing off or breaking apart! The only bummer is there's only a few different shades - which is prerty typical of K-Beauty brands. But if you can find a match I'd highly recommend checking them out 🙂
Anonymous Insider

I am always looking to fly under the radar @Anonymous  I have been using the Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder. And just brush it on lightly. Hope this helps

Okay, this isn’t marketed and doesn’t have a reputation as being natural looking, but urban decay naked skin looks very natural on me. Maybe it has a little to do with the shade matching well? Saw a dermatologist for other issues (previous removal of a precancerous mole) and he was looking for other moles on and around my face and said “you don’t really wear foundation, do you?” Lol. So that kind of solidified my feeling that it looked pretty natural on my face.

@Anonymous The Guerlain Lingerie De Peau BB Cream is a dream on the skin, but it does have a scent. Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation is also a great option!

Hi @Anonymous i love a tinted moisturizer or low cover one. I have tried a bunch and the one I am really Loving now is Lancôme's Skin Feels Good Hydrating Skin Tint. It looks like my skin only better and gives a nice dewy finish to the skin ☺️ 

Hello @Anonymous! When I am in the mood for light coverage, I always reach for my Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion foundation. It gives off that "my skin but better" look and has some spf in it as an added bonus. The best thing about this foundation is that it is buildable so if you're looking for more coverage, you can just add another layer and call it a day. I will link it down below for you to take a look 🙂

https://www.sephora.com/product/maestro-fusion-makeup-octinoxate-sunscreen-spf-15-P393403

Hi @Anonymous,

If you're looking for the "no makeup, makeup" look, I highly recommend the IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better™ CC+™ Cream with SPF 50+.This CC cream provides amazing coverage and it looks very natural on the skin. I personally love this CC cream because it feels light weight and it's long wearing. You can find it here > https://www.sephora.com/product/your-skin-but-better-cc-cream-spf-50-P411885?skuId=1868165&icid2=products%20grid:p411885.

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 35 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
testing