Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|
Anonymous Insider

LOOKING FOR TIPS ON HOW TO MINIMALISM YOUR MAKEUP

Hello, 

I'm trying hard to get into the minimalist lifestyle, but in the past, I've been a considerable makeup hoarder, and I'm having a lot of trouble trying to figure out how I can clean everything out. I've had significant skincare problems, and now that I know what works for me, I just can't always seem to let go of everything I've bought. Even when it doesn't do anything for my skin and I don't use it, it's difficult to say "you don't ever use this, give it away," anyways, I'm rambling now. What would you say are the best ways just to start the minimalist makeup journey? 

Thank you! 

Re: LOOKING FOR TIPS ON HOW TO MINIMALISM YOUR MAKEUP

@Anonymous Kudos to you for attempting to venture on this journey. It's not for the faint of heart. 

I started by sizing down what I'm putting my products in. I used to have nice makeup holders and containers but I decided that I would put all my lip products in one coffee mug and say that's that. I still own so many lip products but I'm getting better. I did the same for my other products such as contouring kits, highlighters, etc. I said I'm only going to allow x space for this makeup. 

I decided to do this last summer and it's still difficult but I'm not changing my mind about it. 

Good luck love 

Once upon a time I use to hoard makeup. I literally gave it all away to female family except my favorite foundation, 1 brow product, 1 mascara and one highlighting product. Now life is so much cheaper and easier. Its hard at first but if you really love one product you don't need 50 other ones. Simplifying is best 

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: LOOKING FOR TIPS ON HOW TO MINIMALISM YOUR MAKEUP

Thank you so much for this actually. It kinda just makes me want to kick into high gear of getting all of it to just leave.

I'll start by saying that I am not a makeup minimalist, but I wish I were. I'll maybe get there one day. With that said, when I look at my beauty collection, it can get overwhelming, and I'll start going through everything. For me, it's easiest to start with tossing items that are old/expired and everything I haven't touched within the last year. From there, I create piles of items I'll never use, items I'll maybe use, and items I use all the time. From the items I'll maybe use, I'll ask if I love the formula of the product and do I have dupes that I like better. It's just a narrowing down process, and it feels great after I finally get rid of products. 

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: LOOKING FOR TIPS ON HOW TO MINIMALISM YOUR MAKEUP

This is soooo helpful ❤️❤️❤️❤️
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing