Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Just pick 3.. Or 4

I like to keep my make up bag light. What are the 3 must haves for a make up minimalist?

Just pick 3.. Or 4

It's hard to pick but ABH brow Wiz, Nars Creamy Radiant concealer, bronzer, and mascara.

RE: Just pick 3.. Or 4

Concealer on blemishes, smudgy eyeliner, lengthening mascara, berry tinted lip balm. Boom instant French girl vibe

My 3 daily essentials: 1. Eyebrow pencil - Benefit Precisely My Brow. This is the only makeup item I won’t go without. 2. Lipstick - I’m a lipstick junkie, so this varies wildly. A few lipsticks also need a lip primer (MAC Prep + Prime Lip) and/or liner (usually MUFE or MAC, sometimes Urban Decay) to stop feathering. 3. Tinted lip balm - when I’m not wearing lipstick, I’m wearing Lipstick Queen Frog Prince. If the circles under my eyes look especially dark: 4. Concealer - NARS Radiant Creamy. I use a very tiny amount of concealer. My under eye skin can’t handle the slather-all-over-n-bake method. 5. Something to set the concealer - either a tiny bit of setting powder on top (either Laura Mercier or Becca Hydra-Mist) or eyeshadow primer underneath. If I want a subtle overall blurring effect, I pick one of these: 6a. Skin tint in warm weather: Lancôme Skin Feels Good. It evens out my skin tones and the extra SPF is a bonus. 6b. Hydrating primer in cold weather: Lancôme Hydra Glow. It helps save my dry patches in the winter, leaves no white cast, and makes my skin radiant. I often wear it alone (no foundation or skin tint on top).

Re: Just pick 3.. Or 4

This is what I keep in my bag right now because I love having something to touch up with! 

1. My YSL Mascara Effect Faux Cils

2. Glossier Boy Brow in Clear

3. Glossier Balm Dotcom in Rose

Pretty simple! 

I've been moving so I've become a minimalist out of necessity. I hand carried the box with the majority of my palettes but have yet to find everything else...priorities right? 😛 

Here are the only 4 things I've been using:

-Eyeliner (tightlining)

-Mascara

-Murad Pore Blurring Primer w/ SPF

-Powder Foundation

@Mcakes  I fully support your decision to hand carry the box with most of your palettes - in my mind, it makes the most sense.  🙂  Which powder foundation are you using?

Hope your move and settling in go smoothly.

Thanks @itsfi! It's been a process. I'm testing the Wet n Wild Photofocus powder. I like the regular liquid foundation a lot so I wanted to give this one a go. It's definitely not as full coverage, but it does photograph really nicely. 

Mascara (Milk Kush), eyeliner (Urban Decay 24/7 in one of five or six colors I rotate), tinted moisturizer (First Aid Coconut Smoothie) and Burt's Bees lip balm. This is my go-to fab four on work days when I'm rushing to get out the door. 

Love this! My faves, after SPF, are concealer on under eye, blush, and lips. Go-to’s: It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye, Chanel ‘Golden Sun’ or NARS ‘413 Bleaker’ or ‘Maui’ Multiple, and Clinique ‘Cola Pop’ l/s or a VERY light application of Bite ‘Whiskey.’ Love my browns! My fave tinted balm for lighter days is Bite ‘Smashed’ Agave Mask. Looking forward to trying the Fresh balms though 😊 For reference: Dark hair, light olive skin.

I use a 1) BB cream- SPF, 2) liquid highlight- on eyes, cheeks, lips, 3) MUFE artist color pencil in brown- eyeliner, brows, lip & cheeks blended, 4) waterproof mascara. For travel I use 5) porefessional and 6) a multi balm like argan infinity cream or glossier as an eye cream, brows, hands.

A tinted moisture with SPF (do not skip SPF, even in the winter. Sun damage is the cause of about 90% of aging), eyebrow pencil like KVD Signature Brow, Mascara, and a pretty neutral shade of a long wear lipstick 😄
it’s hard to pass up on highlighter though @Ilaali 😅

https://m.sephora.com/product/umbra-tinte-tm-physical-daily-defense-P430319?skuId=2080604&keyword=ti...

https://m.sephora.com/product/signature-brow-precision-pencil-P430307?keyword=signature%20brow%20kvd...

https://m.sephora.com/product/roller-lash-curling-lifting-mascara-mini-P425947?icid2=skugrid

https://m.sephora.com/product/everlasting-love-liquid-lipstick-P384954?country_switch=ca&skuId=18879...

II think I would go with Mascara, lipstick, concealer and blush.

BB cream or tinted moisturizer with SPF

mascara

finishing powder (like Hourglass Ambient Lighting)

tinted lip balm (I use Fresh Sugar Treatment in Poppy)

Primer, concealer, powder, and lipstick! The lipstick doubles as a blush 😉

My minimal look is taupe brow gel, mascara, concealer, and lipstick. If I have to skip one of those, it's the brow gel because I have pretty full brows anyway. 🙂

I’ve been really into a very natural look lately, which means no foundation, or concealer! So right now if I had to pick my go to absolute must it would be a mascara I use benefit roller lash, tinted brow gel by benefit and something on my lips (I switch it up everyday, fenty gloss bomb, Burt’s bees tinted lip balm, or Rose tinted Vaseline) and if I’m feeling it that day I use the Becca liquid or powder highlight in the shade opal!

Just pick 3.. Or 4

If I have to be out in a dash, my go to look is a good winged eyeliner, a pop of colour on the lip and a hint of highliter or blush that I can sweep over the cheeks and/ or do a light swish over the eyes and temples if I got the time, so lately I've been packing up: Eyes - Tarte Sex Kitten Liquid Eyeliner Lips - Sephora Lipstories Lipstick in Labyrinth City Face - Urban Decay Backtalk Eye and Face Pallette ( love love love using Cheap Shot and Double Take for both eyes and cheeks!) Oh and I love keeping my Evian facial spray to keep my skin hydrated and fresh throughout the day!

On my foundation-free days, I use just the following:

1. Becca Light Filter Primer

2. Urban Decay Naked Concealer

3. Some kind of multi-use color tint for eyes, cheeks, and lips (Like Stila Convertible Color, Bite Multistick, or Glossier Cloud Paint)

4. Make Up Forever Xl Eyeliner in S50 Satiny Taupe

@Ilaali,

If I had to pack 3 items for touch ups sit would be:

SEPHORA COLLECTION Matte Perfection Powder Foundation. I can wear this one by itself of I use to it help control the oil on my t-zone.

https://www.sephora.com/product/matte-perfection-powder-foundation-P408606?skuId=1787589&icid2=produ...

Huda liquid lipstick in Crush. I love the smell and the pretty peach pink shade.

https://www.sephora.com/product/huda-beauty-liquid-matte-lipstick-P411320?skuId=1962281&icid2=produc...

A cream to powder blush to add some color back onto my cheeks.

https://www.sephora.com/product/peach-my-cheeks-melting-powder-blush-peaches-cream-collection-P42284...

❤️ Melissa
Conversation Stats
testing