Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

I think I'm over the high glow highlighter look

I have combination/oily skin and I think I'm over the intense highlighter trend that's been around for a while now. People are actively trying to look like the greaseball that I'm trying to avoid being. That and I have enough texture on my cheeks that I just don't feel comfortable bringing attention to it. I'm not saying it looks horrible on people, but I subscribe to beauty boxes and it's impossible to avoid highlighters right now. Few of them are subtle (which I guess is great if you love for your highlight to pop) but it just never works for me outside of photos. And even then I just don't have the skill (lighting?) to make it look like anything but an uneven stripe on my cheek. tl;dr: I wonder how long the highlighter trend will be around and what it might be replaced with.

Re: I think I'm over the high glow highlighter look

I'm with you on the highlighter issue.  I've never signed up for sephora play specifically because there seemed to be too much highlighter product in it, and it's just not my look.

I saw your comment about cheek texture. If you're interested in products that may help, Peter Thomas Roth makes a pumpkin enzyme mask that's great for skin resurfacing. It's stings a bit when you put it on, but it's a great product if you don't have super sensitive skin.

Re: I think I'm over the high glow highlighter look

I never really got into the highlighter trend. Most of them tend to look really shiny after a few hours or they look fake. Hopefully, the trend disappears quickly. My daughter gets all my highlighter from sub boxes.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing