Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

How to stop wearing foundation?

I’d love to wean myself my using foundation. Where do I start? Makeup free days? BB or a CC cream instead? Thoughts?

Re: How to stop wearing foundation?

I only wear foundation a couple of times a year for events.  Everyday I use cream products that absorb into the skin.  I just put on an everyday, non-tinted moisturizer first. I use drugstore concealer, powder (under eyes only), liquid eyeliner, and mascara.  But I use the tagged products from Sephora.  MILK MAKEUP - Matte Bronzer - Baked RMS BEAUTY - Living Luminizer Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer Fenty GlowAnastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel BlondeFirst Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration 6 oz/ 170 g

RE: How to stop wearing foundation?

I get a tinted spf from my dermatologist so just the moisturizer and tinted spf in the am. If you have a problem with acne, you may be deficient in zinc. My derm uses Aveda tinted moisturizer, so I sometimes use that for extra coverage or extra moisture.

Try using COOLA - Rōsilliance™ Organic BB+ Cream SPF 30 - Golden . 

So light weight, good for your skin, SPF.  Gives you a nice glow as well.

I would agree with another comment though, if the main goal is not to wear foundation; invest in some good skincare products 🙂

@saylorj A newer product that might be of interest to you is the Chanel Les Beiges Fresh water tint. It is an extremely sheer, barely there tint that hydrates the skin and adds a little glow. It's not shiny or sparkly, just dewy and it still fulfills the ritual of foundation/base product but it really lets your skin breathe and show. It is somewhat pricey ($64), however. 

So, if you are still wanting some level of coverage, but maybe want to streamline your regimen or simplify your routine, you have a lot of options. Supergoop! has a good tinted moisturizer with SPF that comes in several shades. If you already have a moisturizer and/or SPF that you like, Cicapair Camo Drops can be added as a last step that provides sheer coverage and reduces redness. Also, even if you aren’t using foundation, blush, bronzer, and setting powder will still work fine. Some people think they *need* a base layer to use other products, which just isn’t true. Good luck! 🍀

How to stop wearing foundation?

I use the Cover FX powder with a fluffy brush and I find that it covers minor imperfections and looks and feels a lot for natural than a heavy foundation. Plus, it's buildable for those days where I want a bit more coverage. Maybe try using just a powder, or a powder with concealer and see how you feel??

I switched to powder foundation- it's not liquid so I feel like my skin breathes better than my previous foundations.  What about switching to just concealer and a bye bye pores powder for over top? @saylorj 

@saylorj You don’t need to “wean” yourself off foundation, just stop wearing it haha. Unless you mean you’re trying to get your skin to a point where you feel you don’t need  it? That would be achieved through skin care, but honestly you can do whatever you want when it comes to makeup. You skin doesn’t need foundation or anything like that, so if you stop wearing it nothing really will happen. It will just look different because there won’t be any product on it. If you mean getting to a point where your skin doesn’t *need* coverage, we can discuss your skin care and overall texture and go from there. 

I may be a little crazy, but I usually don't wear foundation unless it's a special occasion. I just have a concealer that's as close to my skin tone as possible that I can blend in when I have a blemish, but otherwise, my usual routine is is a good moisturizer with some sunscreen to it, cover up the spots, and lip stick/gloss.

I won't pretend that I'm comfortable in my own skin (that's why God invented concealer, I'm convinced), but that's my dang face for the most part. Out there.

@stefthepef  I do this too!! Using concealer to cover imperfections and blending it into the skin helps me feel comfortable walking out the door without wearing too much makeup.

Lately, my skin has been pretty clear so I only wear the MILK MAKEUP - Blur Stick on my cheeks and blend to make my skin appear more luminous. Hope these suggestions help! @saylorj 

Maybe try mixing your foundation in with your moisturizer and little by little start adding less and less . It would almost be like a BB cream or even a Tinted moisturizer but to your liking of coverage .

@saylorj Josie Maran has a match maker foundation, but it is not like a typical foundation. Or, if you prefer to steer clear of that concept,  I think maybe using a tinted spf and some concealor + a bit of blush and perhaps highlight.  I say this because I used to wear only concealer and then leaned into foundation. So, it might be that you could wean off my using concealer only.  I love Josie Maran so perhaps her concealors and highlighting oils could be considered. Here are some tagged products. Some are accidentally tagged and wont go away.Josie Maran Vibrancy Argan Oil Full Coverage Concealer Fluid FairJOSIE MARAN - Argan Enlightenment Illuminizer, ILIA Color Haze Multi-Use Pigment Before TodayJOSIE MARAN - Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation

@saylorj If you don’t have to much you need to cover up you might try just a tinted moisturizer like 

LAURA MERCIER - Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20

or if you do need a little more coverage maybe something like

IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream Full Coverage Color Correcting Foundation with SPF 50+ Medium

13 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 29 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
testing