Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

How do we feel about using fingertips to blend?

I'm wondering if anyone else prefers to blend (their own) concealer with their fingertips? I personally love the natural effect, it's also much easier for me to get in to tight areas such as the inner corner of my eyes and around the nose area. how about you?

Re: How do we feel about using fingertips to blend?

@Jennalynnfarrel I use my (clean) fingers to press in my undereye concealer. The warmth of my hands seems to help the product blend nicely. If I'm covering up a blemish, however, I prefer to use a very small brush; hands off! 

Hi @Jennalynnfarrel,

I love using my fingers. However, it does depend on the product and finish I want. I always apply a liquid highlight with my fingertips! 

Best,
Rebecca

@Jennalynnfarrel  I love using my fingers for makeup.

When I am in a big rush I will even apply foundation with my fingers and just lightly dab a BB to remove any excess product.

Mary Greenwell, she used to be Princess Diana's mua and nowadays does Cate Blanchett very often, mostly uses her hands and fingers to do makeup. Charlotte Tilbury trained under her too.

I think you can have beautiful results with of without tools. To each their own 🙂

@Jennalynnfarrel,

I also love using my fingertips to apply concealer. I typically use my fingertips first because it helps to warm the product up, then I use a damp beautyblender to make everything look seamless. 

Best,

Laurie 

@Jennalynnfarrel I personally don't like it, i just don't really like getting product on my fingers and such so I prefer my Artis brush but as long as your hands are clean I don't think there's anything wrong with it and I've certainly done it in a pinch. 

@Jennalynnfarrel  I definitely prefer to use my fingertips. I’ve tried using brushes and sponges but it’s much easier for me to use my fingertips.

@Jennalynnfarrel  I always apply and do most of my blending with a brush, then finish off with my pinkies. My usual concealer brush is a very soft tapered eyeshadow brush meant for shading on the lids. 

@Jennalynnfarrel 

Personally I’m not a fan. I prefer a sponge. I use a sponge that’s a diamond shape so it allows me to get into small areas. To each their own! 

@Jennalynnfarrel I blend my concealer with my fingertips. I feel It’s easier to warm up the product in between my fingers and blend it out. 

I use to only use sponges. Now I use my fingertips for my foundation and concealer. I find that it helps me to control the amount of product I am using and the finish is much more natural due to the heat of my hands rubbing the product in. One less tool to buy and less cleaning for me. Hands for the win! 

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 59 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing