Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

How Much Product?

My "daily" face tends to be EXTREMELY minimalist.  I work from home, so my daily routine is flexible and often starts with yoga or barre class.  Thus, my look tends to only include SPF, primer and tinted lipbalm or lipgloss.  On days I DON'T go to class, I'll include a bit of shadow and mascara.  BB/CCs or tinted moisturizers are worn on weekends or if I have client meetings.  What about you?

RE: How Much Product?

My everyday look I use stila huge mascara and nars pot concealer and set it with a translucent powder the eyebrows are micro bladed and@i use the Marc Jacobs gel foundation and set it with the makeup forever hd powder it takes about 10 minutes.

Re: How Much Product?

I'm sort of in the in-between camp. Some days I do nothing but skincare and spf, other days I wear more makeup. Lately, I've been wearing concealer, powder, mascara, blush, highlighter, and lipstick (or liner plus balm/gloss). If I have time and can get up early enough in the morning, I like to wear a bit more eyeshadow (with or without eyeliner). Sometimes I will wear a medium coverage foundation if I want to feel extra put together or feel like I need the coverage; lately, for whatever reason I've been more comfortable skipping foundation and letting my skin show through more. One thing I never skip on is skincare, though. I think the "right" amount of makeup is whatever works for you and makes you happy. 

I'm in the "all or nothing" camp. I'm lucky enough to work from home, so if I'm not leaving the house, I'm not messing with anything (unless I decide to test something new, so some days I might be sitting around with two different eyeliners on or a new mascara or lipstick). If I'm getting out, I'm doing everything...though for me, that's pretty minimal compared to some. Full eyes (3-4 colors of shadow, liner, mascara), lips, and loose powder. I'm trying to work on brow techniques, but I frequently forget to do them as it isn't habit yet. Maybe a bit of Tarte Brighter Days moisturizer if I think about it; blush every now and again, but it just seems to disappear without anything under it on my oily skin so I don't worry about it much either. 

I always forget my brows too! It's not habit for me either. I just don't enjoy doing them very much but I am trying to get better at them.

My daily face is definitely minimalist. Usually it's just skin care and maybe mascara. I am trying to make better use of my collection, so I am at least trying to do my eye makeup everyday. Having my lashes lifted makes even the simplest look seem done-up enough. 

I need to more reliably work SPF into my routine because I am absolutely falling short. 

Good thread @cynthiacm

I run the whole range. My most minimalist days are skincare plus sunscreen and lip balm, usually because I have some messy work to do. A step up from that is tinted moisturizer, undereye concealer, mascara, lipstick. That's for taking my kids to the park or a quick Target trip. Up from there, foundation and blush and highlighter, "good" lipstick, plus a 2-3 color eye look and lightly filled brows. My top tier (a nice dinner out, drinks with friends, etc) has primer and powder as my skin needs them, perhaps some contour, eyeliner and lashes if it's that kind of party.

Like @Tamara76 I have no need to be a minimalist! If it seems fun it happens. (PS your mentions of your daughter always make me think of Gilmore Girls. In my head you are Lorelei and Rory.)

Awwww - Thanks!  You are too cute!   @fairlywell 😘😘😘

Interesting post! I consider my makeup style minimalist in the sense that I don't use a lot of product, not that I don't use a lot of products, if that makes sense. For example, I use the following products every day: foundation, concealer, transluscent powder, cream bronzer, cream blush, eyeshadow pencil, tinted eyebrow gel, and mascara. That's a lot of products for a minimalist, but the way in which I use the products is minimalist and looks natural. The products themselves are minimals. For examaple, a sheer foundation vs. a full coverage one or the fact I use a tint brow gel instead of entirely filling in my brows. Does that make sense? Anyone else like this?!

@cynthiacm Can I ask why you wear primer when you're not wearing any other base product like foundation or powder? I have an idea, but I'm curious why you've chosen your routine. Primer is one of those things I skip when I'm going minimal.

I usually spend about 10 minutes on my daily makeup and I honestly really look the process of it! This is my routine AM skincare~spf~fill in my eyebrows~clear brow gel~ tinted moisturizer~concealer~bronzer~blush~bronzer as eyeshadow in my crease~curl my eyelashes~mascara~ set it all with setting spray

I'm enjoying makeup a lot at this stage of my life, so I am pretty far from minimalist.  I just have to use a ton of setting spray to keep my makeup from melting in the heat... 🙂

I tend to go minimal in the summer because I don't want to worry about makeup melting all over my face. So, my work makeup includes a tinted moisturizer, highlighter stick, cream blush, eyeshadow stick, mascara, and lipstick. I'm a fan of easy, fast makeup I can apply with my fingers!

Anonymous Insider

Im in my teens and my normal routine is conceal/ dipbrow/ mascara/ translucent powder/ chapstick. Sometimes I put on natural eyeshadow and a natural pink tinted lipstick as well.
Anonymous Insider

Even though I'm in my teens sometimes I do wear more makeup than others but i have to say that my every day morning routine is: am skin care< spf< bb cream or medium to full coverage foudation< concealer< face powder< highlight the inner corner< mascara< blush< and lip balm.

My typical routine isn't that minimal compared to a lot of other students (which is nothing), but it's still pretty small!

It goes something like this: AM Skincare > SPF > Tarte BB or Too Faced foundation > some type of blush > some type of lip tint > sometimes tinted brow gel 😄

i like the idea of makeup minimalism more than i apply it to my every day life.

on a minimal day, though, i typically lightly fill in my brows. if i have any discoloration i may dab on a hint of concealer or tinted moisturizer. usually will pull out one of those lovely pink pH balms like dior lip glow. (all of this after my skincare though). 

years ago all i wore was a bit of concealer on any spots i had if i had them, filled in brows (quickly with hardly any consideration) and would wear a bold lipstick (i remember often dabbing on a dark purple with my fingers for more of a berry stained look). these days i enjoy the whole 'ritual' of putting on makeup, but i imagine this is the sort of thing i'd go back to if i ever felt like it.

16 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 35 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos1
testing