cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|
Anonymous Insider

Help advice for a newbie

I hate foundation it always feels heavy and makes my skin oily especially in the summer is there a product or a skin care line I can use that will even my skin tone out without foundation?!

Re: Help advice for a newbie

I started to use powder foundation (Everyday Minerals) for that reason and more. @Anonymous 

RE: Help advice for a newbie

Girl I totally feel you on this! I use the Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer as opposed to foundation and I absolutely love it. It’s gives a nice sheer/light coverage so great for just evening out your skin tone but still has a very natural finish, and can barely tell you’re even wearing make up. I also love that the oil free one still gives the skin a pretty glow (but I promise it still will not make your skin oily throughout the day!) since so many oil free products have too much of a matte finish.

Help advice for a newbie

When it comes to liquid foundation, the way it feels on your skin is really determined by how much coverage you're looking for. If you're looking for something lightweight, avoid high coverage at all costs! Gofor sheer instead, that is the lightest - weight and coverage wise, most natural looking. Now when it comes to skin type, for example you have oily skin. You probably heard of powder foundation. While it is lightweight, blurring, and mattifying (cuts the oily shine on your skin), it doesn't look natural up close. Another option is tinted moisturizers. These are your go to for a minimalist no make-up - makeup look. I recommend using Laura Mercier's Oil Free tinted moisturizer. It's lightweight, offers coverage, cancels out uneven skin tone, and carries spf which is extremely important for your skin. Because it is amoisturizer, a primer is unnecessary unless you're extremely oily. If it does concern you, just apply primer on your t-zone area, wait a few minutes, and then apply the tinted moisturizer.There's also Bobbi Brown's BB Cream and It Cosmetics' CC Cream available at your disposal. BB (blemish balm aka beauty balm) not only provides coverage but focuses on healing and lightening the appearance of skin blemishes. CC stands for color correcting. As you can imagine, it would provide more coverage than the others, adding a little more weight to it. However, it will still feel lighter than foundation. Overall, I hope all of this information will help guide you through to what you're looking for. If you do end up buying something, just remember to keep the receipt in case things don't work out. Sephora has a 60 day return policy - no questions asked. On the side note, happy hunting! ッ

RE: Help advice for a newbie

I love using tinted moisturizer! I like using the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer and it does make my skin feel a bit oily in my T-zone, but the oiliness isn’t too severe. It gives slight, natural color and doesn’t feel heavy on my skin.

I am the same. I recommend the CC+ from IT Cosmetics! You can apply the tiniest amount wherever you feel necessary. I usually don't even apply it on my entire face. I have combination skin, so this is great for both my dry patches and oily spots. 

IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream Full Coverage Color Correcting Foundation with SPF 50+ Medium

I love it! I think that this one is the best because cover the skin and has a lot of benefits too!

@kiara27 wrote:

I am the same. I recommend the CC+ from IT Cosmetics! You can apply the tiniest amount wherever you feel necessary. I usually don't even apply it on my entire face. I have combination skin, so this is great for both my dry patches and oily spots. 

IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream Full Coverage Color Correcting Foundation with SPF 50+ Medium

The IT CC is a full-coverage foundation that often ends up greasy on oily skin, so I'm not sure that'd be the best option for this request. 

Help advice for a newbie

if you don't like foundation, I'd recommend a bb or CC cream. it's like half moisturizer and half foundation, it's light and good for your skin like a moisturizer and evens out skin tone because of the foundation:)

@brittx0x All the below are good options, I also opt for either a blurring powder or tinted moisturizer but if redness is a concern Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30 1.7 fl. oz/ 50 mLmight also be good as a moisturizer- though it does tend to leave a cast and it ended up being a little heavy for me so I would suggest trying samples for sure. Milk Makeup blur stick and Hourglass ambient powder in Dim are my lazy day go tos

@brittx0x I’m the same way! I don’t love wearing foundation during the day, especially in the summer! I feel like my face is melting LOL. I honestly use a dusting of a powder foundation to help control oil and give me a little bit of even skin tone without the heaviness for work. If I want a little more coverage, I go for a BB cream or tinted moisturizer. I would recommend the BAREMINERALS - Matte Loose Powder Mineral Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15,CLINIQUE Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder Stay BuffLAURA MERCIER - Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 - Oil Free

I haven’t personally tried it but I have also heard nothing but fantastic things on the BIC about the BOSCIA - Skin Perfecting BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing