Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|
Anonymous Insider

Help, I’m new to make up and I need an easy starter pack to even my acne scarred, combination skin tone! Maybe concealers? Toners?

I am turning 20 in exactly 2 months!! So far the only real beauty products I’ve ever tried are NARS All day luminous weightless foundation in med/dark 3 Cadiz 6444. And Bobbi Brown Long-wear weightless foundation SPF 15- cool golden 6.25. They both looked great on my skin, I prefer the Bobbi Brown over NARS, but I actually am not into full in foundation like that yet. I think I’d like to get a better grasp on how to use different concealers and eyeshadows for my skin tone first.

Re: Help, I’m new to make up and I need an easy starter pack to even my acne scarred, combination skin tone! Maybe concealers? Toners?

One of the best concealers I have used is the MAKE UP FOR EVER Full Cover Concealer Pink Porcelain 1, I feel like it does the best job concealing blemishes and scars. It might not be the best fit for your skin, but bareMinerals COMPLEXION RESCUE® Tinted Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid and Mineral SPF 30 Bamboo 5.... has been nice for a little coverage, but it is moisturizing and I just switched to that for the winter months. I also am a huge fan of MAKE UP FOR EVER - Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation for more coverage foundation. I dont wear that everyday though. I would go to Sephora and ask for suggestions about makeup and ask them to give you samples that you can take home with you and try before buying. 

You might also want to consider your skincare routine- that will help keep your skin healthy and protect it for the future. It can also help with your scarring. I have recently been using Drunk Elephant products and find that they give great balance to my skin. My skin is borderline combo/normal and I get clogged pores and have skin that scars easily with blemishes. It also is very sensitive. So far Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL has helped keep my skin clear, Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL keeps my skin hydrated without feeling oily (and makeup doesn’t melt). I also recommend that you wear a sunscreen to help protect your skin! 

Anonymous Insider

Re: Help, I’m new to make up and I need an easy starter pack to even my acne scarred, combination skin tone! Maybe concealers? Toners?

I highly recommend using the  Caudalie Vinoperfect Glycolic Brightening Essence. It is a bit pricey, but I find that a little goes a long way on improving my skin! Other than that, I actually have broken out less when I switched to either using a light moisturizer or e.l.f.'s Blemish Control Face Primer under my foundation. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing