cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|
Anonymous Insider

Good alternative to foundation ?

I am just starting out w/makeup and do not want to use heavy foundation yet because I fear being a pancake

I use liquid foundation, but only the ones that give a sheer to medium coverage. I don't like to use anything heavy because I have oily skin, plus I like my everyday makeup to look natural. Liquid foundations have came along way and are not as heavy and cakey as they use to be. My favorite one is Makeup Forever Velvet Matte. When I'm not using that, I use amineralized powder by MAC. Use tinted moisturizes or a minerlized tinted powder. Their a great alternative to foundations.

RE: Good alternative to foundation ?

bare minerals complexion rescue tinted gel cream i love it! gives me some nice coverage definitely not cakey. sometimes i mix it in with (very very tiny) bit of liquid highlighter (i like the glam glow one i think i use the shade nude glow) it gives me more hydration and a very glowy look. It looks like i just got off a beach and have the perfect glow!!!

Re: Good alternative to foundation ?

I love Glossier skin tint. It’s VERY little coverage and also leaves skin VERY dewy. Great for someone with dry skin such as myself. You have to enjoy that dewy look, if you don’t it’s definitely not for you.

RE: Good alternative to foundation ?

I like tinted moisturizer, I use the NARS tinted moisturizer and think it looks beautiful on... no cake at all!

@Anonymous
When I first got into makeup, I started out with powder foundation as it acts dramatically different than liquid foundation. If you get the right one and keep up your skincare, it'll give you a nice skin-like finish. 

Now, I use lighter foundations, tinted moisturizers and cushion foundations. I'm still not one for extremely high coverage.

me too. I tried Fenty matchstix to wear as foundation in the store and it is super light with beautiful coverage. I was looking at videos online and saw that the matchstix could be used as foundation. they have such a range of colors I had to come in to get a match. I also used one as concealer under my eyes. I loved the look and feel. ordered the customized trio from fenty.com. cant wait til it comes in.

My go-to is philosophy renewed hope in a Jar skin tint! It gives me spf and a very very sheer color that is just enough to even everything out.

If you have oilier skin, you might try the origins original skin pore Perfecting primer with willow herb. It’s a lovely cooling mousse that has just a very slight tint - the primer aspect will mattify and blur pores and fine lines, and the slight tint evens out my redness.

one more option is to just use a concealer blended well in the areas that you need coverage then light powder all over. 

I follow either with a basic setting powder or a light dusting of pressed powder foundation, and done!

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing