Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

General lipstick question!!

I feel like no matter what brand of lipstick I use, it always bunches on my lips and looks terrible within an hour. I use chapstick prior so I have no idea what I am doing wrong!

Re: General lipstick question!!

@Britt325 By "chapstick" do you mean the traditional Chapstick brand?  I've read that it is actually not a good formula.  To keep your lips in good shape, LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original BITE BEAUTY - Agave Lip Mask are both popular on BIC.  I just started using them, and am already a fan 🙂

RE: General lipstick question!!

This might run counter to popular opinion, but have you tried applying without the chapstick? I brush my lips at night and apply an oil to keep them hydrated, but when I’m applying lipstick, I never ever apply a balm under or a gloss over. That’s how you get things sliding around. We actually use our lips, to talk, eat, smile, so we ask a lot of lipstick to stay on. But if you choose a matte bullet, you should expect at least 3-4 hours of wear without a touch up. I also recommend a bullet formula, since the dried-on mattes can’t really be touched up. Expensive options, sorry: Dior rouge ( matte colors only ), ysl pur couture matte More affordable - Kat Von d ( matte ), Nars ( matte ) Good luck!!

@Britt325 My FAVOURITE lip product is also the most underrated product ever. It prevents feathering, it's a primer, it makes your lipstick last AND doubles to erase any mistakes (it's magic, I swear) Urban Decay Ultimate Ozone Multipurpose Primer Pencil 0.10 oz/ 3 g check it out.

I second this! @Britt325 this is really good stuff.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing