Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|
Anonymous Insider

From where can I get makeup looks at ? What YouTuber is good at makeup ?

Well I am a beginner but I think I am pretty good . People tell me to watch YouTube but who do I watch who is really good a make up ?

Alissa Ashley

RE: From where can I get makeup looks at ? What YouTuber is good at makeup ?

People like Lisa Eldridge and Wayne Goss over “beautubers” like NikkiTutorials. I don’t mean that rudely, I think there’s many incredible youtubers but Lisa and Wayne are on an entirely different level. I find some influencers - while extremely talented - are not great for beginners. I don’t understand why they feel the need for foundation, then cover it completely with insane amounts of concealer and cream contours - you end up wasting product, tons of creasing, cake-Y makeup, etc. Someone like Lisa Eldridge will teach you actual skill, and bringing our your best features, while using as little makeup as possible so you don’t have cake face (but still fantastic coverage). I think an example of a comparison - sorry to keep picking on Nikki - is to watch one of NikkiTutorials videos on YouTube, and then look up her video where Rihanna’s makeup artist does her makeup. She did Nikki’s makeup better than any look I’ve seen on Nikki and yet she used a fraction of what Nikki would have. It’s just that next level of makeup artistry and learning how to create a flawless face without wasting so much product or looking cake-y. Another awesome video so you don’t get discouraged is Wayne Goss’s where he shows the lighting and filters he and all other influencers use for their videos - it makes all of their skin look perfect which is annoying when you have influencers putting on foundations and discussing how bad the foundation might look but you can’t see a single flaw because of the lights and filters.

Christen Dominique! She’s the YouTuber who got me into makeup and taught me SO much! She’s super real and goes into depth with techniques, which is super helpful.

Andreea Ali is amazing, very natural and elegant looks

You should check out Hannah Louise postion she has been getting really good for a newer YouTuber!

Re: From where can I get makeup looks at ? What YouTuber is good at makeup ?

Lisa Eldridge, Alissa Ashley, and RawBeautyKristi. All of them offer a wide range of tutorials, from everyday basics to full glam. RawBeautyKristi does phenomenal Halloween and fantasy looks, but look elsewhere if profanity offends you 🙂

Tati (@glamlifeguru) is great she doesn’t a lot of honest reviews and tends to stay out of drama and mykie (@glamandgore) is good if you like the more crazy side of makeup

I like Coffeebreak With Dani on YouTube. Her and I are both busy mamas, and she's so bubbly and upbeat, she's just a lot of fun to watch. I like her makeup style and I love her honesty.

Lisa Eldrige x1 million

So classy and brilliant at makeup. So many great tips for both natural and dramatic looks. Demonstrates her makeup on models with different features and skin tones, which I find super helpful.

Thanks for sharing @jhe9488, I've since checked her out and I like what I see so far!

Anonymous Insider

Kathleen Lights and Casey Holmes!

It depends on the look you're going for. Some of my favourites are Lisa Eldridge, Annie Jaffrey, Allana Davison. 

I LOVE anchalmua's makeup tutorials

It would be helpful if you detailed what kind of makeup looks you like ( natural, dramatic, theatrical) but the only MUA I limited myself to follow is Nadia Tambasco. She is Brazilian, so if you don’t mind just visually following her videos -which are in Portuguese, here is the link to her channel: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCRR4SPZessAF-6U38EkGPbw I like the light on her Instagrams videos better though.
Anonymous Insider

Jessica Braun

Hi! I actually just started doing videos on this!  One of my first posts was a how-to video on natural looks if you are interested in watching below - perfect for minimalists.  Feel free to Subscribe and comment on any products or specific looks that you are interested in me doing for you.  

I personally love Nikkie Tutorials and Jaclyn Hill. They are both entertaining and provide beautiful makeup looks. 

Lisa Eldridge has some great material, including a comprehensive basics offering. Go to her website, as the videos section there is well-organized, making the basics videos easy to find.
Anonymous Insider

Evangeline Demuro

Kandee Johnson, Christen Dominque and Sylvia Gani 🖤🖤

Conversation Stats
testing