Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Foundation help! Please...I am going crazy haha

I am driving my self crazy lately trying to find a foundation. I have combination sensitive skin and rosacea. So if I use the wrong thing, my face goes crazy. I feel like liquid foundation has made my skin oilier somehow, and in turn has made my pores larger. I think I'd like to stick to powder. I like the feel of powder more, I dont notice it there. If you can recommend a lightweight liquid one I would also consider that. I want a natural looking medium to full coverage foundation. So far the past few months I have tried the following: I used the Purminerals powder foundation for years - liked it but they dont have a color that matches well. Urban Decay Naked foundation (liquid) (not the long wear one) - I stuck with that for a while but it doesn't seem to cover much Kat Von D lock it (liquid) - it looked great on, but I had the worst breakout from it Clinique beyond perfect foundation + concealer (liquid) - I dont think I've ever hated a foundation more. After setting it over and over it just looked and felt awful and if I accidentally touched anything of my face there would be a huge obvious smudge. Now I have the sephora powder. And while I definitely like the feel of this more, it just feels like skin, I dont find it had great coverage, and the more i build it, the more orange I get. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am starting to lose my mind and I feel like an idiot bring back foundations every damn day.

RE: Foundation help! Please...I am going crazy haha

I can’t be of much help, but have you looked into sensitive skincare products? Rather than trying to cover it up and consequently causing more problems, try solving the root of the problem.

RE: Foundation help! Please...I am going crazy haha

although it is not a full coverage option, i found that the it cosmetics tinted moisturizer was amazing!! i am very prone to acne, but after using this as opposed to my regular full coverage one, my skin got clearer! super lightweight, covers blemishes well, while not being too heavy. the illuminating version did the opposite of good for me, so beware!! hope this helps 🙂

Re: Foundation help! Please...I am going crazy haha

I struggle finding good liquid foundation as well. In powder foundations I’ve had great results using the Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush powder foundation. Is has buildable coverage and doesn’t breakout my skin. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing