Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club

Fenty Foundation - Rubbing Off?

So I have been using the Fenty Foundation for a little while now and am almost done with my first bottle. I love the coverage (no crazy acne problems, just like how it overall evens out my face) and it's a great color too. The issue I have is if I touch my face ONCE throughout the day, you can clearly see where I touched as it rubs off super easily. I finish with the Laura Mercier powder.

Other than not touching my face, does anyone have a solution or run into the problem? Or have a similar foundation which this doesn't happen with?

Re: Fenty Foundation - Rubbing Off?

That's too bad. I inevitably give up if a foundation comes off on my phone or clothes. At the moment I'm using Too Faced's Born This Way foundation and it doesn't come off at all - even on a shirt or coat collar.

Too, I don't even use powder or anything to set it most of the time.

@Britt325 Honestly, I gave up on that foundation, because it completely broke apart on my skin no matter what I did. Such a shame! Hopefully the tips that others have mentioned will work well for you. My holy grail foundation is the MAKE UP FOR EVER - Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation,but it's not matte like the Fenty. I wonder if their new Matte Velvet would be to your liking...

Fenty Foundation - Rubbing Off?

I set it with powder my skin tone then set it with translucent powder and finish off with setting spray

RE: Fenty Foundation - Rubbing Off?

Which products do you use?

Ben-Nye setting powder, NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray, E...

Ben-Nye setting powder, NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray, ELF Hi-Def Powder, and ELF Setting Spray. I like to layer and my face STAYS!

@Britt325 

The only transfer proof foundation that I have ever found to live up to it's name is Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 4W4 Hazel. You can talk on your phone and foundation wont be all over the screen, wear a white jacket - it wont rub off. I have found no other foundation that can live up to its claim other then this one. 

RE: Re: Fenty Foundation - Rubbing Off?

@GG84 I thought the product you suggested was a setting powder WHOOPS! But still giving the Este Lauder a go after my Fenty is done, but going to try investing in a good setting powder or spray in the mean time!

RE: Re: Fenty Foundation - Rubbing Off?

@Britt325 Ahhhh THIS has been my problem with this product this whole time! I am going to invest in that setting spray and still look into a daily tinted moisturizer use for underneath!! So exciting! Thank you again @GG84 for being SO gosh darn helpful.
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing