cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brows, Brows, Brows
|
Anonymous Insider

Eyebrow help please! :)

I'm fairly new to the whole eyebrow thing. I finally let my brows grow out ( I'm guilty of over plucking & somehow thought pencil brows were cute in high school lmao) I've tried drugstore brands for eyebrows...and they suck. I tried Maybelline's pencil & then Loreal's dip brow. Any suggestions on a brand or type I should try? I am open to all suggestions....I can only order online sadly I don't have a Sephora around me 😞 & any tips or helpful tutorials I can watch are greatly appreciated!! Thank you beauties so much!!!!
Anonymous Insider

Re: Eyebrow help please! :)

For a great brow pencil, I love the ABH Brow Whiz and Benefit Precisely My Brow, both have a very thin tip and are wonderful for filling in sparse areas and creating a shadow beneath the hair that gives the illusion of fuller brows. I like to start at the bottom edge of my brow and work outwards and towards the top edge to fill my brows in with light strokes of the pencil. Start light and you can always add more.

As for a brow gel, I'd recommend Benefit Gimme Brow or Glossier Boy Brow, which is my personal favorite. These might work well for you since you've been growing out your brows. To create a full brow and not simply set with the gel, push the wand through the hairs against the grain so that the product builds up before going in the direction of growth to sweep the hair into place.

RE: Eyebrow help please! :)

When I was new to brow work I started with Anastasia brow wiz. Easy and quick to use. Gives you excellent control. I like to thread my brows regularly to get a baseline shape and then maintain for 3-4 weeks with plucking excess hair out. Makes it a lot easier to fill them in. A clear gel or even mascara helps set the hair in place. On days that I'm running late for work my quick brow makeover is really just combing them and putting mascara to give volume and depth and control the hair from going crazy. When choosing colours you might like taupe or a darker brown depending on how dramatic you wanna go 😊

RE: Eyebrow help please! :)

Anastasia's brow wiz is awesome for beginners!

Re: Eyebrow help please! :)

I actually use Tarte's Clay Play Palette. I use it for eyeshadow, eyebrows, contour, and bronzer, so you get a lot of bang for your buck! I've found that a clear brown gel is also a simple way to keep eyebrows looking fuller and stay in place all day. I use the one from Tarte as well, but I've heard great things about ABH! xx.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing