Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Early morning makeup

Hi! What recommendations does anyone have for a quick natural makeup routine? I usually have to be up by 4 am for work and I want to look awake without having to put a full face of makeup on.

Re: Early morning makeup

I also get up at 4 for work, I probably have to do slightly more than others because my eyelashes are clear and I have really bad bags and darkness under and around my eyes.  So liner+mascara+concealer is my absolute minimum.  The below list is what I do daily to look presentable and awake:

• lightly tinted SPF (because the sun comes up eventually and I always wear SPF) so I don't need foundation
  • tiny bit of concealer
  • cream eyeshadow because they're easy and fast, I find that light shades like Charlotte Tilbury's Jean or Champagne Diamonds are great natural options that make you look awake.
  • a little eyeliner
  • mascara
  • cream blush

I don't wear lipsticks at work but I do have an assortment of balms that I keep on hand along with a powder SPF for a mid-day SPF reapplication.

I have pretty good skin so I do things a little different than it looks like everyone else does. This morning I was called into work three hours early so I obviously couldn't get my regular stuff done, so I put on eyeliner, mascara and liquid lips. I did stick with my skincare for my face; that is always important, no matter how much time I have.

If I'm super rushed, I would still squeeze in 5 min to do my brows, concealer, powder and blush 🙂 best thing to look more awake imo

RE: Re: Early morning makeup

When I'm rushing, I do my brows, mascara, and lipstick. These three products change your whole look. If I have some more time, I use concealer and blush. And I'm ready to go. PS: Do not forget to apply a moisturizer before all of this. Or even a facial oil.

Early morning makeup

swipe milk makeup's cooling water under the eyes. eyeliner, mascara, lipstick. have a great day!

I do lipstick/lipgloss, mascara, and brow pencil. I value my sleep too much to do more for a regular everyday look. Takes about five minutes. 

I have to be up around 4am also and normally, I just prime my lids and set with translucent power (oily eyelids so if I wear mascara this is essential lol), toss on mascara (usually Clinique High Impact - SUPER soft/natural for the no makeup look), brow gel (boy brow or gimme brow) and a gloss. Takes me about 5 mins or less. If I have some extra time or I want to feel just a little extra I'll toss a blush like Burts Bees Toasted Cinnamon or Benefit Dallas that is kind of like a cross between a blush and a bronzer on my cheeks and lightly across my lids and pat some kind of potted concealer under my eyes (NARS soft matte is great for this). That probably only ups the whole routine to 8-10 mins tops but gives a slightly more "polished" look if I'm feeling it or know I have a meeting or something I want to look a little more put together for.

when I’m in a rush or running late I just do blush, liquid lipstick and mascara (eye & brows). Some products I love to use  for this purpose:

*glossier cloud paint in beam (peachy pink gel/cream blush) - I just use fingers to apply and blend on cheeks, nose & a little bit on my eyelids as a monochromatic look.

*Kylie liquid lipstick in Candy K (pinky mauve) or Ginger (deep brown-ey peach)

*glossier mascara (more natural, lengthening, wispy mascara) OR  thrive causemetics mascara (tubing mascara that provides even 3x more length, making you looklike you are wearing falsies almost, but a bit spidery the more layers you apply)

*glossier boy brow in the dark brown shade (optional but I feel this ties the look better)

its simple quick and easy, no need to mess with brushes or sponges or anything.. 🙂

Hi love,

Go with what you believe is your best feature and try to enhance that with makeup.

I love makeup but I'm not a morning so I'm always running late. I have a 5 minutes routine.

I start with a good moisturizer and if my skin has some blemishes or dark spots I want to hide, I'll put a primer mix a little foundation with my fingers. I contour with bronzer. Do my eyebrow with a pencil, add mascara and lipstick. If I have more time I'll add blush. And I'm done. Hope that helps.

Anonymous Insider

RE: Early morning makeup

I usually do concealer, blush, highlighter, and mascara which makes me look at least decent. If you’re really in a hurry Kaja’s makeup is really nice to use. All of their products are meant for you to use with your fingers which I like a lot since it’s quick and easy- plus their don’t settle concealer is really good, it covers redness easily and makes your skin feel silky. Stays super long too. Urban Decay’s Perversion mascara is realllly nice and usually gets your lashes looking really nice after just one swipe. The formula is really good and lengthening. I also like Kaia’s blush since it’s super easy like the rest of their products and doesn’t require anything other than your fingers. I use the little heart stamp which is really chunky so you might want to invest in something else to carry around easily. Highlighter doesn’t really matter, I used to use the vino perfect radiance serum before I realized it was yk ... serum but it works very well as a highlighter. (I got it as a sample) All of this stuff is super light weight and nice and leave my skin feeling nice.

@Riri1313 focus on what is important to you. When I’m in a hurry I do foundation, concealer, powder, brows, lipgloss, blush, and mascara. I only do eyeshadow and contour when I have extra time. 

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing