Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Downsize, de-clutter, project pan!

I have been recently inspired to join the “project pan” community and challenge myself to not only USE UP makeup I own, but also to reconsider my spending habits and attempt a more consumer conscious approach to shopping. As a Rouge I have succumb to many a sale and limited edition release only to find myself with a heap of gorgeous products I’ve never even touched. Is anyone else feeling a touch of anti-consumerism and motivation to clear out and use up all this money we’ve invested into our beloved collections?

Re: Downsize, de-clutter, project pan!

I ACtually started the year off with listing my products in numbers (excel) for my phone and am trying to finish/declutter/use up a TON of products as I’m losing my beauty room/ office to my little girl coming in May. Also the fact that I had a beauty room with no YouTube channel or reason really made me a bit queasy. I have decluttered 30something items and am working on a rolling 10 pan and a one week one pallet. I am in love with getting rid of stuff I don’t need, won’t use, can’t find nonsense. I’m here to support you!!!

Anonymous Insider

RE: Downsize, de-clutter, project pan!

Oh yes. I'm pretty good about not doing this with shadows, but had to embark on an eyeliner and lipstick version of Project Pan a couple years ago when I realized I was accidentally buying new lip products in nearly identical shades, over and over! 

RE: Downsize, de-clutter, project pan!

I’m horrible at this. Hitting pan gives me anxiety when it comes to my shadows. I’m more of a collector than anything. Face products are ok but my palettes...I want them to stay looking new as much as possible. It’s horrible, I know.

@darlyndar I'm like this with most palettes too. I've tri...

@darlyndar I'm like this with most palettes too. I've tried to compromise by being super picky about which ones I buy, so I don't end up with a drawer full. 📚

i started project panning about 2 years ago and found that it helped me focus on using up what i have before running out any buying something else.  having said that, i still purchase things i really want but i definitely put more thought into what i'm purchasing. 

i've also saved all my makeup empties for the whole year to get an idea of what i'm actually using.  i know the upcoming year i will not finish as much - i'm home on mat leave until september - but i think i'm going to do this again this upcoming year.

i did an inventory at the end of 2016 and found it really helped me be aware of what i had and what i didn't need to purchase - and helped with the purchasing of the same thing 3 times 🙂

i'm going to do a series of project pans.  i'm doing a palette of the year and then a 2018 project pan for sure.  my plan for the 2018 project pan is to pick 18 items using random.org - i have an inventory in a google doc and then work through those, rotating in products as i finish one.  my goal is to get use out of the products and yes ultimately finish things up, but mostly to get use and get my monies worth! 

This sounds really neat @sparklekai - I love the randomiz...

This sounds really neat @sparklekai - I love the randomizing part too! If you started a thread about it I'd definitely follow along and watch...

I always use up everything I buy with the exception of ey...

I always use up everything I buy with the exception of eyeshadows and blushes.

RE: I always use up everything I buy with the exception of ey...

Me too, and highlighters. They seem to last forever haha
9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 31 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos1
testing