Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

Cream blush favorites?

Now that I'm in my 40s, I gravitate toward cream blushes. The only ones I've used thus far are Nars Multiple Orgasm & IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty.

Are there any others you would recommend? Looking for "a little goes a long way" and staying power for oily skin.

Re: Cream blush favorites?

@BeautyStory 

You might want to check Danessa Myricks Vision blush. A little goes a very long way. I have it in the shade pink and sometimes i mix it with a teeniest tiny bit of whatever foundation I'm wearing to achieve a peach color.

I do enjoy milk makeup and 3ce cushion blushes as well.

MILK MAKEUP - Lip + Cheek - Werk

The glossier blushes are great, but they don't last as long as the ones above and I feel that I have to use more too.

Thank you!!

I second the milk crème blushes. I got a small one with a kush mascara around Christmas time last year. Haven’t really used any other blushes since then and it’s still more than half full. I tried it on my lips once, but it’s certainly better as a blush to me. I’d highly recommend them over other crème formulas. I’ve used some becca tints, with success as well. I found the stilla crèmes were nice and could be sheered out, but may have been a tad too greasy to be my favourites. That being said, maybe it’s time to switch it up a bit for varieties sake lol

RE: Cream blush favorites?

Milk cosmetics i love it

Just chiming in with one more suggestion! My all-time favorite cream blush is the STILA - Convertible Color. A little does indeed go a long way!

RE: Re: Cream blush favorites?

Awesome!! I appreciate the suggestion! I’ll definitely check it out!

@BeautyStory Check out the Fenty Match Stix or Nudestix Nudies. I also really like the Clinique Chubby Cheek Colour Balms. 

Thank you!! Noted!!

@BeautyStory I second Glossier Cloud Paint mentioned below, but when it comes to staying power, I like cream-to-powder formulas like BITE BEAUTY - Multistick but it's definitely the type of cream product that applies easier with a brush than with fingers. 

ILIA - Multi-Stick is also nice, but doesn't last as long on me as the Bite. But, it applies like a dream with fingers--which always seems to be the tradeoff with cream blushes--the easier it applies, the faster it fades and the more difficult it is to apply (as in easier to use with a brush), the longer it lasts.

Very helpful!! Thank you!!

My cheeks are dry (my oily zone is my nose), but here are the first 2 cream blushes that spring to mind: 

Glossier Cloud Paint - I have and love 4 shades. I apply them with my fingers. Very easy to blend out, and I can easily mix them for a custom shade. The result always looks very natural. As little as I need to use at a time, these tubes will probably last another 2 years. 😂 

Natasha Denona Bloom Cheek Palette 0.48 oz/ 13.7 g - Not a traditional liquid cream blush, yeah, I know. But it contains a cream powder blush (plus a cream powder shimmery base) that’s long lasting and VERY pigmented—so much so, it’s easy to overdo if you’re not careful. You can use your fingers to apply, but I prefer to use a dense cheek brush. It took me a couple of wears to figure out just how little of this blush is needed for good color payoff. I wish Natasha would release more shades of this stuff as single compacts. 

That helps! Thank you!!

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 33 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing