cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|
Anonymous Insider

Confidence in your makeup skills

When do you think you became comfortable and confident in your ability to do your own makeup?

Re: Confidence in your makeup skills

Hi @Anonymous,

I definitely agree with @SidneyNicole. 🙂 I've had a lot of practice doing my own make up, so I'm very comfortable doing it. For me personally, I struggled with eye brows and highlighting/contouring! I went to a bunch of make up classes that my local Sephora offered. I found those helpful and watching a bunch of YouTube videos helped as well (Jaclyn Hill and Desi Perkins are my two faves). 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

Re: Confidence in your makeup skills

I became confident after a lot of practice. Whenever I had nothing to do with my time I would sit down and do my makeup. I enjoyed doing this because even if my makeup turned out bad I was still able to express myself using makeup. I am not completely confident in creating an even winged eyeliner yet. But the more you practice the better your makeup will get. It also will start to get easier after a while. I suggest if you are just starting, begin using simple products like Mascara, Concealer, Lips, and Blush. Then work your way up to foundation and eyeshadow. With eyeshadow start working with light colors and work your way up to the dark ones. I hope this helped.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing