Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Concealer

I am new to wearing make up. I just started because of the new Fenty Beauty line. Anyway my question is should the concealer I use be lighter or darker than my skin tone? Also does it go on before or after foundation? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Anonymous Insider

RE: Concealer

Concealer is one of my favorite makeup products. You use a lighter concealer for under your eyes, your forehead to highlight, and under your contour to make it more sharp. You use a darker concealer for contouring. For a more natural look use a shade 1 or 2 shades from your skin tone. For a more intense look 3 or 4 shades. You can use it by itself or you can use it after foundation, but just make sure to blend really well. I like to use a Beauty Blender for any form of liquid/cream makeup. Make sure to also be aware of your skin type to because that is an important factor when choosing concealer. I love the Born this Way concealer.

Re: Concealer

Hi!!

Personally, I use a concealer that is a little bit lighter than my skin tone! I would not use one that is darker. Find one that is your exact color or one a little bit lighter so you can conceal and highlight at the same time. 

As for when to apply concealer, you could apply it before or after foundation. There is not a specific way. I would try it before foundation on one side of your face and on the other apply the concealer over the foundation and see what way it looks best.  I find that applying my concealer before my foundation gives me a sheer "no makeup, makeup look" and it is very light coverage. When I apply my concealer after foundation, you can tell that I'm wearing "a lot" of makeup. I hope I've explained this well enough!!!

I like using concealer that's a little lighter than foundation for under my eyes and for correcting dark spots (for a brightening effect). I prefer using concealer after foundation. I tend to be heavy handed when I wear foundation and end up removing the concealer in the process if I use concealer before foundation. Regardless - blending is still critical. 🙂

I was about to say the same thing. If you use it after your foundation though, just make sure you blend it in well so you don't have noticeable spots. 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing