Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes

Best "barely there" mascara?

Hello makeup minimalist and no-makeup, makeup fans!! I'm on the hunt for a mascara that doesn't look like a mascara. Right now I have been either wiping off most of the product from my wand before applying it or looking for mascaras that have low ratings because "they don't do anything", lol. Does anyone have a suggestion for a barely-there mascara? Thanks!

Best \"barely there\" mascara?

For a barely there mascara, I use Maybelline's s Snapscara Washable Mascara. I love it, it's one of those rare (high end feeling) drugstoremakeup gems. It's lengthening and the brush is absolutely amaaazzzingg - not a clump to be found! 1-2 coats of this would definitely give you a natural lash look. Did I mention the price is unbeatable? 🙂

Re: Best "barely there" mascara?

Hi! I'm the same way. Even though I usually just use the mascara mini that I got from a play Sephora box or one of the beauty offers - my favorites are the au-natural kind of looks. One of the Mascara's I tried and LOVED was the LANCôME - DÉFINICILS - High Definition Mascara.

I am a big fan of the Benefit Roller Lash mascara. I have thin lashes and for me this makes them look just a little naturally longer/noticeable, because without mascara it honestly can look like I have no lashes at all. The wand is small and not clumpy.

I have short straight lashes that are pretty much invisible (even though they’re naturally black) unless I wear mascara. Here’s what gives me a natural “don’t need drama today, just want it to look like I actually have lashes” look: 

tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes™ 4-in-1 Mascara Black - One coat gave me visible fluttery lashes without much volume. That’s the only way I ever used this mascara because it didn’t work well for me when I wanted more dramatic lashes. (Two or more coats increased length but not volume, and made this stuff prone to flaking.) 

PERRICONE MD - No Mascara Mascara - This gives me volume and some length. It used to be my favorite mascara, mostly because it never irritates my eyes. Stop at one coat for a more natural look. Two coats will be too much for you. Also, the color is more of a brown black instead of jet black, which is even better for a natural look. 

WANDER BEAUTY - Mile High Club Mascara - This one seems to give many people dramatic lashes, but not me. 😄 It does lengthen my top lashes a lot, but it doesn’t give them as much lift/curl as I’d like. I do like it for a natural look, though. I love to use it on my bottom lashes, even when I use a different mascara on my top lashes. The brush shape is narrow enough to easily get those lashes without making a big mess. 

None of those mascaras irritated my eyes, unlike 95% of mascaras on the market. I’d also list my favorite mascara, but I don’t think it’ll give you the look you’re after, even with just one coat. 

A trick you can try with any mascara: right after coating your top lashes, wipe the mascara off the tips with your thumb and index finger. That’ll give you more of a wispy look and help your lashes look more likely they’re naturally long and/or thick (depending on what your mascara does to your lashes). 

@greenbean13 I've heard that "barely there” criticism from Glossier's mascara. Also the Maybelline Lash Discovery is good for getting every lash coated but isn't very volumizing.

RE: Re: Best \"barely there\" mascara?

@makeitup305 I’ve looked at the glossier mascara before but I’ve never tried it! I feel like half of people think it’s amazing and half of people don’t like it at all. It sounds like something I should look into, thanks!

@greenbean13 My favorite low key everyday mascara is Clinique High Impact Mascara. Very natural looking. 

@alexasteph I've never tried any mascaras from Clinique, but low key is definitely up my alley! Thanks for the recommendation 

@greenbean13 

The best natural looking mascara I've ever come across is Benefit Bad Gal (the original, not the newer Bang version). It did a great job of just lengthening and separating my lashes without looking like I was wearing mascara. It claims to be volumizing, but I found that to be an outright lie 😋

@RGbrown Thanks! The only benefit mascara I've ever tried was the They're Real! which was a little too much for me. I'll add it to my list!

I recently returned Laura Mercier Caviar Volumizing Mascara Glossy Black

because it literally looked like I was wearing no mascara at all. Maybe check it out @greenbean13 

I'm sorry it didn't work for you @GG84 but it sounds like it might work for me 🙂 Thanks for the recommendation!

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 20 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing