Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Best Minimalist Face Base

Alright guys! Let's get this minimalist group started, shall we?

Today's subject: Minimalist bases

What are your favorite base products to use when you're not feeling a lot of coverage? Foregoing a base? What about a spot concealer then?

My favorite combo on a minimal day:

• Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer to blur and slightly mattify my post-skincare/sunscreen sheen
  • UD One & Done - this gives me juuuust enough coverage to feel comfortable most of the day. 
  • NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer to spot conceal. I'm prone to dark spots and the occasional clogged pore so sometimes I just need a little extra something
  • Bonus: If I haven't slept I'll dab a tiny bit of Innisfree My Color Corrector in Peach under my eyes to brighten them!

Your turn!

RE: Best Minimalist Face Base

I know it’s a new product, but just using the Blithe pressed serum in apricot gives my skin such an amazing glow that unless I’m getting dressed up for something, I don’t put any complexion makeup on. I think it just looks a bit off to be completely barefaced if you’re going to be wearing a bold lipstick, or blush look. When I do wear complexion makeup, I love dr jart’s premium BB, or a few drops of Nars sheer glow mixed in with farsali gold elixir. I put the three stages of looks below, in order. Oh! I’ve never gotten into concealer but I did just pick up the tatcha under eye pearl. You can see how in the two pictures I have makeup on, it really brightens up the hollows under my eyes. But, even teenagers don’t have totally smooth under eye skin. It looks nice when I use it but I don’t find it necessary

i struggle with acne prone skin so i prime with tatcha silk canvas, spot conceal with glossier stretch concealer in medium, i use cloud paint in beam for blush, for highlighger i go with either haloscope in quartz or milk makeup lit. For the rest of my face i use clear brow gel from abh and glossier leo on my lips ❤️ my everyday look

Re: Best Minimalist Face Base

Cover FX color correcting stick (green)

Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer

Tarte milk chocolate bronzer

drugstore mascara

it cosmetics universal brow pencil

clarins lip oil or gloss

Nudestix blur in light 3. Tarte shape tape. Chanel volume blue night mascara. Guerlain Pearls to set. Little bit of TooFaced Bronzer Chocolate Solei. MAC Creme blush on apple of cheeks. Hourglass tinted eyebrow gel. Anastasia lipgloss. Becca pearl highlighter pen.

Re: RE: Best Minimalist Face Base

Hi @lschneids,

Gorgeous! Your lashes are so long! I'm loving this natural look. 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

RE: Re: RE: Best Minimalist Face Base

@RaquelBT thank you! I’ve always been blessed with long lashes but I always need to use a volumizer mascara to add thickness to them. I do like to apply some kind of oil to my lashes and brows to keep them healthy 3-4 times a week. Something like Jojoba oil works fine for my lashes.

I love how natural and glowy you look!

I love how natural and glowy you look!

RE: I love how natural and glowy you look!

@Harlottebronte Thank you! The glow to my face has to be the Guerlain meteorite pearls I used to set my makeup in my oil zones only.

this is that that looks like

I generally wear primer, glowey foundation, concealer, natural eye pencil, hilighter, and a bit of eyeshadow. It's a nice easy 15min routine.

MOST COMMONLY USED PRODUCTS primer: touch in sol, maybeli...

MOST COMMONLY USED PRODUCTS primer: touch in sol, maybeline master prime foundation:bacca ultimate coverage, sheer glow, lanaige hydra cution, barepro, concealer: nars radiant creamy, becca ultimate coverage eyeshadow:mothership 1, prism brow:elf eyebrow pencil in white tube highlight: becca liquid in pearl, vanilla quartz, ocean jewels

Hi everyone! 🙂

I have generally clear skin and my undertones are neutral, but I do get a bit of redness on the edges of my nose, and on my cheeks. My skin can get super oily, and I find that the least amount of face products I use, the better!

My ultimate minimalist face base is:

Step 1: Murad - Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 PA++

Step 2: Dr. Jart+ - Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30

Step 3: Laura Mercier - Translucent Loose Setting Powder

If I need something more long-lasting, I'll swap out the Dr. Jart+ color correcting treatment with the Dr. Jart+ - Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45. 🙂

Best regards,

Laurie

I love the Make Up For Ever Water blend foundation. It has a gel/water consistency and still manages to diffuse imperfections on the skin. It’s like magic! I always need a little concealing under the eyes so the Becca Ultimate coverage concealer in a really sheer layer, benefit gimme brow and a little brown eyeshadow at my lash line.

I have severe discoloration but as minimal as it gets is Fenty plus touche eclat, looks like skin.  Throw a Xavier pencil on the eyes and mascara 

I’ll prep my face with skincare and use sunscreen as a primer. Bare minerals complexion rescue is light and beautiful topped off with the nars soft matte concealer dusted with powder. Bronzer for me is also a must to bring life and warmth back into my face.

Dr. Jart+ Premium BB Cream or IT Cosmetics CC Cream depending on how much coverage I need.  The CC cream is a bit heavy for my liking so I stick with my Dr. Jart+ as much as I can.  I use Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer under my eyes with RCMA loose powder to set. I use Hourglass Ambient Light powder in Dim Light all over my face.

I tried the new First Aid Beauty tinted moisturizer and it was orange!  It's going back.

I'm a minimalist at heart and I *hate* almost all foundation, but rosacea makes it difficult to walk around bare-faced! My current base is Dr. Jart+ Premium BB, then NARS Radiant Creamy for undereye/stubborn spots.

Hi! One of my favorite combos for a minimalist face base is Becca's First Light Priming Filter Instant Complexion Refresh, Sephora Collection Teint Infusion, and Glossier Stretch Concealer. I rarely ever forgo a base entirely but if I do, I'll just use Tarte Shape Tape on my undereyes. Totally not minimum coverage, I know! But I have horrid dark circles,

Base- first aid beauty moisturizer. L'Oréal lumi magique primer for a natural glow. I use the urban decay complete coverage concealer to spot conceal and for blush I use the glossier cloud paint in dusk. To set everything in place I use the Laura mercier translucent setting powder.

Base: Glossier Skin Tint, Nars Glow Tint (Charlotte Ginsburg collection), BareMinerals Complexion Rescue,  or RMS beauty Un cover-up

- First Aid Beauty recently came out with a Skin Tint, similar to Glossier's but with SPF that I want to try.

Concealer: RMS beauty cover-up, Nars Soft Matte concealer, or Marc Jacobs Re(Marc)able concealer.

- For extra brightening I might use Becca Brightening corrector/ FAB Eye Triple Duty under, or YSL Touché Eclat on top.

My dark circles tend to be pretty intense so that's usually my main focus for covering up.

72 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos8
  • Net to nothing.JPG
testing