|
Anonymous Insider

Anyone here 40 or older?

20171123_091545.jpg

Just like minimum makeup. I'm 44

Aww thank you @Mujerquecamina😊

Aww thank you @Mujerquecamina😊

Re: Anyone here 40 or older?

Hello vintage ladies! I am 62 yoa. I have been through the mill in all of my years. I have buried a husband, raised a son alone, received an A.S. and B.S (top of my class) during that time having a rare, incurable disease. I am proud to have survived and gotten this far. It has taken a toll on my appearance. Now, I want to begin taking charge and put myself together again. It w!ould be an honor to do it in the company of all of you! WP_20180701_13_37_00_Pro 1.jpg

Your skin is amazing!

Wow! You look amazing! Welcome to BIC board!

That's amazing what you've gone through and accomplished...

That's amazing what you've gone through and accomplished ...you must wonder how did you do that..but seriously I think you look like you are in your 40s...that inner beauty of a soul that has come through all that with grace and love shines through your eyes too.

I’ll be 47 in 5 months. 

I’m minimal mostly about foundation: I don’t often wear any because my skin hates most foundations. Skin tints are usually fine, except a few that have broken me out (glaring at you, NARS tinted moisturizer)—but I don’t wear tints often either. I do my brows, pick a lipstick, maybe pop a tiny bit of concealer over my dark under eye circles, and maybe use a little blush. I used to never use blush, but NARS and Glossier have won me over there. 

I don’t do eyeshadow all the time, but when I do I’m not usually minimalist about it. And my lipstick/gloss shades tend to be... not subdued. But the less I do the rest of my face, the better off my skin is.

RE: Anyone here 40 or older?

Yup, 57 here. Trying to focus on keeping skin looking as good as possible so I can keep makeup to a minimum.

57 here.  I work from home and no sense clogging the pores when I'm not going anywhere so I only wear makeup a couple days a week.  I like a more natural look, and love the Urban Decay Naked 2 and Naked Ultimate palettes.  If we're going out someplace I have a palette from Tarte with a lot of shimmer that I'll use.  Unless I'm doing a smokey eye for a concert, I use a navy blue eyeliner--it creates a much softer and more natural look.  

I've been all about skincare for years--using quality brands with SPF for the daytime, plenty of sleep and a lot of water.  Kiehl's is about 70% of my skincare, but I use a lot of different brands for needs they don't have a product for--Clinique, Dr. Jart, Ren, Boscia, the list goes on.

No photo right now as I'm recovering from an accident that left a noticeable scar and until it heals up a bit more (Or I get Carrie Underwood's makeup person) I'm a bit camera shy.

I’m 53 and I like what I see in the mirror thanks to a great but lengthy skin care routine that I use regularly. The key for great skin: double cleansing, PTR Unwrinkle toner,multi-peptide serum,hyaluronic acid and its lower weight derivatives,vit C,peeling acids,retinol or retinoids,antioxidants,masking,exfoliating dead skin cells,a great face and eye cream! I prefer DE Protini cream and C-Tango eye cream since both give me great results for my skin type.

Re: RE: Anyone here 40 or older?

We have a group of sassy women here @keana1 😉

RE: Re: RE: Anyone here 40 or older?

@blackkitty2014 Yasss We are sassy indeed!

I pay Sephora very well to keep me looking fantastic for 40!!!

I celebrated the 20th anniversary of my 25th birthday in April. Some would say I’m 45, but I don’t feel that old.

Darn, impressive @SheWhoSkis!!! Happy 20th anni 😉 

Omg. 20th anniversary of your 25th. I love it, @SheWhoSkis! Happy (late) anniversary! 

RE: Re: RE: Anyone here 40 or older?

Thanks, @SpaceLlama!

48 and so happy to be here! 

smizing.jpg

RE: Re: Anyone here 40 or older?

@ShiraBT, I constantly remind my daughter my wrinkles are a gift since that means I’ve lived long enough to earn them. And that someday she will likely have them, too😂

Hello there @ShiraBT you saucy minx you!

41 - going on 25 (emotionally haha)

Anyone here 40 or older?

I'm 45 and just started loving makeup in the past two years. Can't tell my makeup love in picture in Ireland, had to pack minimal.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos14
  • 20171123_091545.jpg
  • 74FC85FE-F177-4C0E-8A43-B216D470C167.jpeg
  • 596258D9-EE5B-419B-B999-C42FD53174E3.jpeg
  • 1C1488D6-664B-4634-B0BD-ED1A75E7C011.jpeg
  • IMG_20180218_145512646.jpg
  • smizing.jpg
  • WP_20180701_13_37_00_Pro 1.jpg
  • 36850522_1720716587963981_6228271284409597952_o.jpg
testing