Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

A Tutorial that Starts from Scratch

I’d like to see a very basic tutorial that explains how to put on a “face” for work or a date. I’m talking, don’t tell me to blend, show and tell me what “blend” means in a makeup context. Tell me how to apply foundation, concealer, etc., with what brushes or tools to use. Tell me how to apply brow enhancers without looking like a kid with crayons drew them for me. I would like to hear the nitty gritty basics, because I went for decades without wearing any more than a soft lip balm, but now I’m old enough that I should have learned these things and been applying them for a dozen years or more! I can’t be the only one who buys these lovely products but has no clue as to the basics of applying them correctly. Help! And thanks!

Re: A Tutorial that Starts from Scratch

@bikerxena   This doesn’t help find a tutorial but it may be a good investment to take a one or two hour makeup class to learn some basics.  Or you can go to a MAC counter and schedule a ‘makeover’ and ask them to teach you how to apply on one side so you can do the other side.  

RE: A Tutorial that Starts from Scratch

I've recently gotten back into makeup as well. throughout my life I'd go through phases of playing with it with looong stretches of not using any. I've never bothered to learn most of the things I maybe should've. Always got away with it before but this past month, I've decided if I was going to spend all this money on makeup again, I better learn somegood tips and tricks. YouTube is an interesting resource. The problem is that most of the people on there are "Beauty Influencers" and not real MUA (Makeup Artists.). They tend to do over the top makeup for Instagram. I did discover a great duo...sisters who are MUAs who also have a YouTube channel and they range from basic makeup to fancier stuff. They're Sam & Nic Chapman from Pixiewoo. Just look them up on YouTube. I hope this helps! Good luck! EDIT:. I double checked last night and they have a bunch of masterclasses to talk about specific makeup (foundation, concealer, etc) as well as basic how to

kathleen lights is my fave (how I found out about e.l.f.!)...dunno if she covers that stuff tho.

@bikerxena Lisa Eldridge has "Make-Up Basics" videos that are perfect for beginners. She's a phenomenal artist, and as an added bonus, her voice is lovely and soothing. There are specific videos for primer, foundation, concealer, contour, blush, etc., and as you get more confident you can move into some of her other tutorials. Highly recommended! 

Is she on Youtube?

Thanks for this, I was wondering the exact same thing.

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 20 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing