cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

what makeup would you buy with $1000

Re: what makeup would you buy with $1000

Fun question @MakeupGirlIzzy! 🙂 $1000 on makeup at Sephora, eh?! Let's see...

GIORGIO ARMANI BEAUTY - Luminous Silk Foundation Mini

GIORGIO ARMANI BEAUTY - Power Fabric Concealer

CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder

Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner Pillow Talk

KEVYN AUCOIN - The Sculpting Contour Powder

NATASHA DENONA - Camel Eyeshadow Palette

stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner - Micro Tip Intense Black

HOURGLASS - Ambient Lighting Edit Face Palette – Ghost

Hourglass Arch Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel Soft Brunette

HOURGLASS - Vegan Travel Brush Set

YVES SAINT LAURENT - Lipstick Vault

SHISEIDO - Deco Eyelash Curler

LANCôME - Monsieur Big Waterproof Mascara Mini

NARS Pro-Prime™ Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base Original

@itsfi Haha, you would get a luminous silk mini with all that money?

Hahahaha @sprocketta! 😂😂 I had the FS picked out first then thought that it would take me forever to finish; and with a mini, I could get enough other products for a full face. I mean, I could if I had $1000 to spend at Sephora. 😉😆

Lol @itsfi I never finish full size makeup anything. Just skincare.

I get that @sprocketta! Completely get that! 

@MakeupGirlIzzy  Are you asking a general question or are you wanting to get ideas to use a gift card for yourself?

if the latter what do you already have?

there are a ton of great things listed below

or are you thinking of gifts fior others? 
I have so much already that this time of year  I would be thinking of using it for gifts for others and then I would buy cute fun holiday sets that have a broad range for face, eyes, lips and then I would buy brush sets on the sale page to go with them 

And I would wait for the Holiday sale discount code to come out in the next few weeks I think end of October to beginning of November to maximize my $1000 (to get a code must be a beauty insider)

@MakeupGirlIzzy If it has to be only stuff Sephora sells, that narrows my list quite a bit. 

4 GUERLAIN - Rouge G Customizable Lipstick: $132 
VISEART - Blush Palette - Orange/ Violet: $80 
NATASHA DENONA - Lila Eyeshadow Palette: $129 
2 NARS - Blush shades: $60 
4 PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick Flesh 3 109 and/or PAT MCGRATH LABS - LuxeTrance™ Lipstick shades: $160 
FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA - Glossy Posse Mini Gloss Bomb Set : $42 

This list doesn’t account for the ridiculously high sales tax in my city (10.25%) 🤣 but who wants to set aside $102.50 for taxes while dreaming up a list like this? 

@MakeupGirlIzzy I would get the holiday collections from Charlotte Tilbury, Pat McGrath and Natasha Denona. 

@MakeupGirlIzzy  I would probably pick up the PMG holiday quads and the Midnight Sun palette, and a few items from the Tom Ford Winter collection. I'd probably pick up some of the CT holiday items too. 

what makeup would you buy with $1000

Too faced' Peach line, Urban Decay liners in every shade and every pallet!! and then would splurge from there.

@MakeupGirlIzzy Wow - that really makes me think.  I guess I'd pick things that I've been dragging my feet on, like:

Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Oil with Squalane and Antioxidants 1 oz / 30 ml

Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Eyeshadow Palette Exaggereyes

Kérastase Discipline Smoothing Hair Mask for Frizzy Hair 6.8 oz/ 200 mL

NATASHA DENONA - Camel Eyeshadow Palette

OLAPLEX - Holiday Hair Fix Set

THE ORDINARY -

And a bunch of lippies (I've been trying to stay away from them, so I don't have any in mind), more Sephora brand brushes (you can never have too many), some YSL and Lancome 5-pan palettes.  Oh, and a Slip Silk Pillowcase - Standard/Queen Pink

I mean, it has to be make up? No skincare? This might be tricky. I’m a creature of habit! 

TARTE - SEA Finger Foil Paint Palette

HOURGLASS - Scattered Light Glitter Eyeshadow Holiday Trio

MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - See-quins Glam Glitter Eyeshadow - Glitter Rock

Natasha Denona Gold Eyeshadow Palette 15 x 0.08 oz/ 2.5 g

DIOR - Dior Airflash Spray Foundation

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Ready To Roll Brush Set

RE: Re: what makeup would you buy with $1000

It can be anything you can buy at Sephora

@MakeupGirlIzzy like new stuff or including the stuff I would re-purchase 😊

But as of right now, the things highest on my wishlist are 

AETHER BEAUTY - Amethyst Crystal Gemstone Eyeshadow Palette or AETHER BEAUTY - Rose Quartz Crystal Gemstone Eyeshadow Palette (though if I'm honest the Rose Quartz looks like a lot of stuff I already own)

PAT MCGRATH LABS - Blitz Astral Quad Eyeshadow Palette

but in the pink shade that's exclusive to her site

I just recently got COVER FX - Monochromatic Matte + Shimmer Blush Duo - Pink Dahlia ,PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership VI Eyeshadow Palette - Midnight Sun,  and PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership I Eyeshadow Palette - Subliminal and I've been using all of them pretty much daily- I love them! I really think that PAT McGRATH LABS Mini Eye Ecstasy: Eyeshadow Palette Sublime in the less colorful set is the perfect accompaniment to the newest mothership if you dig that color scheme.

Otherwise... I'm pretty set for makeup. There's always new, pretty stuff coming out but I always try to consider what I already have before buying more so while there are some other brands I'd love to try, a lot of what I'm most interested in is pretty similar to what I already have so I'm waiting to use up more of my current stash

@MakeupGirlIzzy  what a fun question!

PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership VI Eyeshadow Palette - Midnight Sun out of the 10 pan palettes, this is the most daily friendly to wear but I can also make it pop for nights out. 

Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Longwear Foundation 7.5 Neutral - this is one of the best foundations I've tried this year.

NATASHA DENONA - Metropolis Eyeshadow Palette - lots of neutrals to work with for daily looks and special occasion

PAT MCGRATH LABS - Blitz Astral Quad Eyeshadow Palette - Nocturnal Nirvana & Iconic Illumination 

PAT MCGRATH LABS - MatteTrance™ Lipstick - Christy

PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick McMenamy 200

PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick Peep Show all of these mattes are the most comfortable formulas and last almost all day

Viseart Grande Pro Volume I Eyeshadow Palette 30 x eyeshadows

Viseart Grande Pro Volume 2 Eyeshadow Palette- both of these viseart palettes have an expiration date of 3 years--its such a good buy and great quality

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Madeleine- my all time favorite

DIOR - BACKSTAGE Lip Palette - great for traveling

MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner - nice basic black eyeliner

tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes™ 4-in-1 Mascara Black - my favorite mascara

...And that my friend is exactly $1k when I added it up...lol. 

Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 54 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing