Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|
Anonymous Insider

what makeup would yall recomend for makeup newbies (under 14./.like myself)??

Re: what makeup would yall recomend for makeup newbies (under 14./.like myself)??

I would say get your solid skincare routine down first before starting on makeup. Also, you need to introspect if you will be deciplined about taking the makeup off in the night because you might not notice it immediately but it’s damaging in the long run.

SPF 30 or above sunscreen every morning. Use complexion product only on special occasions. For every day you can use tinted sunscreen like DRUNK ELEPHANT - Umbra Tinte™ Physical Daily Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30aalong with an eyeliner and tinted lip balm will help you look put together. 

For special occasion you can add a colourpop eyeshadow palette and some blush. Avoided heavy foundation if you can.

Do you have acne issues @swervylaila

I would say research brands and start simple. while high end makeup is fun it is not always needed. L'oreal has amazing mascara that I use quite often. My eyelids are oily and it lasts all day. Blush is also a good thing to get cheap, I love my Maybelline cream stick blush. For foundation I splurge and get Smashbox, it lasts all day with no touch ups on combination skin. Morphe has good eyeshadows for a reasonable price, once again I find them to last all day when paired with my E.l.f eyeshadow primer. My favourite eyeliner is the Fenty Beauty one, but Sephora brand and even Essense are not bad. For an affordable heavy hitter lipstick I go with Sephora Lipstories, they are long lasting and smooth. It all depends on your budget and what you need, as a college student if I can save I will, if I have enough to splurge the first thing I will get is foundation, followed by eyeliner, lipstick, then eyeshadow.

since you are starting out i recommend start light on makeup. buy a nice mascara which will make your eyes pop and very easy apply. buy a powder or light coverage foundation as there easier to apply and wont look to heavy:) mascara i love is the "better then sex mascara" and foundation any foundation that says light-medium coverage and has good star rating. hopefully this helps!

Re: what makeup would yall recomend for makeup newbies (under 14./.like myself)??

Skincare is FAR more important, but for makeup I'd say a light blush, mascara, a bit of brow powder (just say no to Instagram brows!), and a nude lip.

All of those would need to be appropriate for your skin tone and hair color, so without more info it would be hard to say.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing