cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

need helppp

Hi loves 

I'm semi-new to makeup, and I need a little help. First, I'm trying to get into contour but I am a little scared. Second, I don't know what products would be best for beginners like me. Lastly, I have a chubby face; how do I contour it correctly? 

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Re: need helppp

Hey! Just like you, I have quite a chubby face, my recommendation if you don’t wanna look like you are wearing too much contour is 

if you are contouring your chin, only contour the most prominent places, not all the way up to the sides

contouring your forehead a little makes it look smaller 

if you want your face to look more snatched then suck your cheeks and contour in the “hole” the suction creates, if you want a more lifted face then just do a little in your cheekbones 

for nose it really depends on your nose but sometimes I always find myself doing even if I’m doing a really natural contour or a heavy one, is contouring the bottom part of your nose, it makes it look more lifted and a little bit skinnier, when I contour my nose y try to follow the line my nostrils create, so it looks really natural 

I highly suggest you to not use a contour that is too dark or too warm for your face 

I love the formula of the makeup by Mario contour but the bottle itself has some problems, I’ve heard great things about the fenty one, I also find that the Sephora collection contour is rlly good, it also brings like 2 shades of contour and a beautiful stunning highlighter, I recommend you to buy it in store if possible because mine got broken lol, but I was able to fix it with some alcohol 🙂

Finally it all depends on what makeup you want to achieve, either a dewy or matte look, for a dewy one mmmm, the milk one or even the CT one, I’m a matte girly so if you are too then my previous recommendations might fit you, also if you wear glasses you will need to set the hell out of your nose contour lol

@clungrin I found powders were easiest to work with. You can build the effect slowly or keep it subtle if you prefer. My first contour palette was Maybelline MaaterContour. It had a basic matte brown powder, a blush, and a highlighter and it got the job done.

As for where to place everything, that’s up to you! Anything f that naturally sticks forward like the tip of your nose, forehead, cheeks are great places for brightening. It’s essentially emulating natural light striking those points. The edges of the face and the hallows if your cheeks recede, so they’re a good place for darker contour. It’s mimicking shadows that would form naturally in those spots. Experiment and see if you like it. If you don’t, it’s just makeup. You can always wipe it off and try something different. 

@SportyGirly125‘s suggestion to sit down with someone is also a great idea. Bring photos of what you want to accomplish and the employees can direct you to suggestions on products and tips for application. You can even book time with a makeup artist who can show you what they’re doing and how you can recreate it at home. Don’t be afraid to ask questions while they’re applying your makeup. They can easily turn it into a mini lesson. 

Thank you 😊 

@clungrin I think it's okay to be scared since it is new but getting help will make you feel better.

I have a round face and use contouring to slim it down.  It does take practice and I did watch a lot of Youtube tutorials and took classes.  I think it would help going to a beauty counter and asking a beauty advisor for help.  They can help guide you on which places you want to contour and what shade to use and techniques.

Thank u 🦋

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing